Health Topic Center
CBS Chicago Health News
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Advocate, NorthShore Hospitals To Merge Advocate Health Care and NorthShore University HealthSystem plan to join forces to create Advocate NorthShore Health Partners, which would be the largest non-profit hospital system in Illinois.
- New Test May Help Diagnose Concussions Among Young Athletes It is an odd-looking, hairnet-like contraption with 256 electrodes called BNA, for Brain Network Activation. CBS 2's Rob Johnson reports.
- Health Officials Urge People To Take Basic Precautions To Prevent Spread Of Enterovirus Chicago health officials say there's an increase in respiratory problems at some emergency rooms, but how many and why has yet to be determined.
- Dozens Of Children In Chicago Area Being Treated For Enterovirus CBS 2's Suzanne Le Mignot tells you about the warning signs and what you can do to keep the virus at bay.
- Former State Lawmaker Calls For More Transparency In Applications For Medical Marijuana Dispensaries A former lawmaker says she wants to know who's in the running for licenses to grow and distribute medical marijuana in Illinois.
- Study Shows Treatment In Infants Reduces Symptoms Of Autism (CBS) -- There is new hope in the fight against autism and it starts before a child is even diagnosed. CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports on the results of a very small study with big implications. Well before three and a-half-year-old Chase...
- Air Travelers At Midway Can Now Get Their Yoga On If the airline passenger sitting next to you is unusually tranquil, perhaps he or she got some yoga practice in at Midway International Aiport’s new dedicated studio.
- Medical Marijuana ID Card Applications Top 2,000 Authorities began taking electronic applications Tuesday from patients whose last names start with letters A through L, with those people able to register through Oct. 31. Officials had expected just a few hundred applications in the opening days.
- Donate To Stop Diabetes! CBS Chicago is partnering with the American Diabetes Association to raise money for diabetes research.