Now on CBS
Latest CHICAGO Healthwatch
Health officials in Lake County are warning residents about a tiny insect creating a big health scare.
Is your child’s backpack too heavy? Often everything a child needs at school can be found in one place-on their back. From books and notebooks to pencils and other school supplies, it all gets toted around in a backpack.
We’ve all heard of sleepwalking, but few of us realize how common it can be. Researchers believe it affects up to 30 percent of children. Among adults, a survey found that close to four percent reported they walked in their sleep at least once in the last year.
Bipolar disorder has been blamed for much of Jesse Jackson Jr.’s downfall, and experts agree, in the African American community, it often goes undiagnosed. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones explains.
Hay fever season began on Aug. 8 and lasts for six weeks.
- Experts: Allergy Season Getting Longer 2013/08/12
- Illinois Now Reporting 5 Cases Of Rare Stomach Bug 2013/08/06
- Tdap Vaccine Required For Illinois Preteens, Teens 2013/08/06
- Reporter, Northwestern Doctor Launch Website About Facing Terminal Illness 2013/08/02
- 4 Cases Of Rare Stomach Parasite Linked To Bagged Lettuce Found In Illinois 2013/07/30
- City Wants To Stop Kids From Trying Menthol Cigarettes 2013/07/25
- New Test Can Tell You How Smart Your Dog Is 2013/07/22
- Can Taking A Pill Replace Sunscreen? 2013/07/08
- How Much Protein Is Too Much? CBS 2–2013/07/04
- Gene Flaws Common In Blacks With Breast Cancer 2013/06/03
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, Daughter CBS 2–2013/05/17
- Want To Get Rid Of A Tattoo? Make Sure To Do It The Right Way CBS 2–2013/04/08
- Healthy Choices In Vending Machines? There Are Options 2013/03/21
- Diabetes Hits Especially Hard In Poor Black Communities 2013/03/11