Latest CHICAGO Healthwatch
That tattoo you got years ago might have seemed like a good idea then. Now, if you wish it would just go away, you’re not alone.
A new trend in healthy choices in vending machines is giving consumers looking for a quick snack an alternative to high-calorie sodas or fattening snacks and candy bars.
Dr. Monica Peek, an assistant professor of internal medicine at the University of Chicago, said, “From the recent findings, the top 11 communities for diabetes death rates, 10 of those are African-American.”
It’s a breakthrough that could help save the lives of athletes who play contact sports. Research conducted partially in Chicago has found a way to diagnose a devastating brain disease for the first time, while the athlete is still alive.
What if something as simple as changing the color of your plate helped you lose weight? Or if clenching a fist put an end to a fattening craving?
Experts were predicting a longer and stronger flu season this year.
- Botox Isn’t Just For The Middle-Aged Anymore CBS 2–2012/12/04
- Flu Season Starting Early; Cases Mark Soonest Since 2003 2012/12/03
- Doctors: NTM Infection Cases On The Rise 2012/11/11
- Some Kids Turning To ADHD Drugs For A Boost CBS 2–2012/09/30
- Recent Breast Cancer Study Giving New Hope To Doctors, Patients CBS 2–2012/09/24
- ‘Supportive Surgery’ Can Help Heart Patients Reduce Anxiety 2012/09/19
- Nutrition Labels Leave Consumers Confused About Sugar Levels CBS 2–2012/08/01
- Preventive Care Provisions Of Health Care Law Go Into Effect CBS Chicago–2012/08/01
- Summer Camp Teaches Kids How To Live With Diabetes CBS 2–2012/07/25
- July 4 Is The Deadliest Day For Teen Drivers 2012/06/29
- Diabetes A Tricky Diagnosis For Children, But 2 Kids Did It Themselves CBS 2–2012/05/23
- Growing Concern Over Concussions Among Youth Athletes CBS 2–2012/05/22
- Got A Headache That Won’t Go Away? It Might Not Be A Migraine CBS 2–2012/05/08
- Facebook Organ Donor Button Leads To Spike In Registration CBS Chicago–2012/05/02
Now on CBS
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!