Now on CBS
Latest CHICAGO Labor Day
Well, it’s just about time to hang the bike up and bust out the thick coats. You don’t have to cram into the morning CTA sardine can yet, but now’s as good a time as any to figure out what you’ll be reading in lieu of dodging cars on State Street. Because we’re so prepared, we’ve found a couple of books that have come out, a couple of comics that have been collected, and even a poetry collection or two to whet your word appetite. Enjoy these homemade tales of life, love, and horse-related spam-bots as a means of distracting yourself from your fellow transit-riders’ armpits!
Nearby Naperville offers visitors a beautiful river walk with carillon and swimming beach, a living history museum at the Naper Settlement, a world-class children’s museum and great shopping and restaurants.
Get out and enjoy some apple picking with your family.
You don’t have to have German roots to enjoy the “oom pah” of brass bands and the headiness of Oktoberfest beers. Just bring an appetite for German dishes and be willing to try a polka or sing with the crowd.
Okay, okay, easy there hoss. We know you’re still clinging to summer with a vice-like grip, but we just wanted to hint – to give the barest suggestion – that some delicious little seasonal food-treats are on their way. And maybe these treats are called pumpkins…
- Indulge Your Inner Know-It-All: Labor Day Edition 2011/09/04
- Chicago Jazz Festival Guide 2011/08/31
- Best Chicago Picnic Spots 2011/08/27
- Have An Endless Summer 2011/08/25
- Family: Road Trip Survival Guide 2011/08/22
- Summer vs. Fall: The Pros And Cons Of Changing Seasons 2011/08/22
- Work Styles Across the Country and Around the World 2011/08/22
- Summer Rewind 2011/08/22
- Smart Phone Apps To Find The Cheapest Gas 2011/03/15
- Best Sunless Tans In Chicago 2011/03/08
- Football Party Essentials 2011/01/31
- Best Bars With A Fireplace 2010/12/29
- Best Seasonal Drinks In Chicago 2010/10/15
- Best Bars To Watch The Bears 2010/10/11