Links & Numbers
Latest CHICAGO Links & Numbers
February 8 is National Girl Scout Cookie Day.
The expansive ranch owned by former Dixon comptroller Rita Crundwell was sold Friday to her nephew and his wife for more than a million dollars.
Click here to put your address “Under The Dome,” as part of the promotion for the upcoming CBS series.
Jen Luby, an entertaining expert from secondcitysoiree.com has some easy ideas to decorate and entertain for a last minute Super Bowl party.
You probably already made plans on where to watch it. But the important question, what are you going to eat during the big game?
The staff of Chicago Magazine has done the drinking research. They put together the 100 best bars in Chicago.
Real estate tax bills will be on the way tomorrow for Cook County residents, many of them containing the cold, hard truth about where we stand. And it isn’t pretty.
The menu of the 2013 Inaugural Luncheon is posted online here; even better, all of the recipes are listed.
Chicago Public Schools has proposed a new schedule that would apply to all students. It’s pending approval by the Board of Education later this month. Click here to view it.
Chicago Public Schools officials announced Friday that they plan to move all schools to the same calendar next year, doing away with “year-round” schools, in an effort to make it easier for parents to plan their work and daycare schedules.
From a smoothie with nearly 1,500 calories and 39 teaspoons of sugar, to a plate of pasta with more than 3,000 calories, major restaurant chains are dishing all kinds of extreme foods that critics say promote obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
To find out if you have unclaimed property through I-Cash, you can visit the treasurer’s website at http://www.treasurer.il.gov and follow the I-Cash link. You can contact the Unclaimed Property Division by calling 217-785-6998 or emailing email@example.com, although searches cannot be completed by telephone
Family members of the victims of the theater shooting massacre last year in Aurora, Colo., have set up a fund for donations to the victims of the shooting.
The suspects and victims appear to be friends, and hung out frequently.
Facebook is launching a search engine for its social network, called “Graph Search.”
A new report aims to put faces and names to the number of murders that Chicago saw last year.
Now on CBS
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!