Political Blog Progressive
Now on CBS
Latest CHICAGO Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Guns 2012/12/18
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 2012/12/12
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 2012/12/11
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Recovery 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 2012/12/10
- Opinion: The Counter Offer 2012/12/10
- Opinion: GOP A Party Without A Plan 2012/11/30
- Opinion: The Fourteenth Amendment Solution 2012/11/29
- Opinion: Brain Dead Politics In Virginia 2012/11/28
- Opinion: Republicans Finally Admitting To Voter Suppression Efforts 2012/11/27