Political Blog Progressive
Latest CHICAGO Political Blog Progressive
This New Year ushers in a new Congress and a large Freshman class. Here’s hoping that new faces create needed change on the Hill.
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
- Opinion: GOP Too Extreme 12/20/2012
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012
- Opinion: The Counter Offer 12/10/2012
- Opinion: GOP A Party Without A Plan 11/30/2012
- Opinion: The Fourteenth Amendment Solution 11/29/2012
- Opinion: Brain Dead Politics In Virginia 11/28/2012