Health Topic Center
CBS Chicago Health News
- 4-Year-Old Cancer Patient Fighting Hard To Beat The Odds In a lot of ways, Chase Ewoldt of Wheaton is like any other 4-year-old, but Chase has been forced to grow up quickly. At 2 ½ years old, he was diagnosed with a very rare brain cancer called atypical radtoid tumor or ATRT.
- Bedbug Infestation Closes Chicago Ridge Library For 2 Days In a statement issued Thursday, the library said a “bedbug incident has been isolated and resolved.” The south suburban library, 10400 Oxford Ave., reopened Thursday morning after being closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Wisconsin Man Suffers 100 Unwanted Orgasms A Day What might seem like the gift that keeps on giving to some has been a non-stop nightmare for a Wisconsin man who suffers up to 100 unwanted orgasms every day.
- Right-To-Die Conference In Chicago Draws Protest Advocates for assisted suicide from around the world are meeting in Streeterville, while opponents are protesting outside. WBBM's Bob Roberts reports.
- NFL's Troubles Help Shine Light On Domestic Violence, Advocates Say CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports some women feel it's about time.
- CDC: Fewer Than 50 Percent Of U.S. Residents Have Been Vaccinated For Flu While more kids and pregnant women are getting their shots, most 18- to 64-year-olds don't seem to be getting the message. CBS 2's Roseanne Tellez reports.
- Two Illinois Women Die From West Nile Virus One woman was in her 70s and the other was in her 80s, said Chicago Department of Public Health spokesman Ryan Gage.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Advocate, NorthShore Hospitals To Merge Advocate Health Care and NorthShore University HealthSystem plan to join forces to create Advocate NorthShore Health Partners, which would be the largest non-profit hospital system in Illinois.