In any case, however, the question of who ultimately foots the bill isn’t the one I’m interested in delving into today. Rather, it’s this: Is DePaul’s new arena actually a good thing for its students?
City Hall has unveiled plans to build a new arena for DePaul basketball at McCormick Place, as part of larger plans to upgrade the convention center and redesign much of Navy Pier.
So, Mayor Rahm Emanuel reportedly has a $300 million plan to build new basketball arena at McCormick Place and bring the DePaul Blue Demons back into the city after more than 30 years in Rosemont.
After another disappointing season that included just two Big East wins, four DePaul players have received permission to seek a transfer to a different school.
DePaul basketball fans who were hoping to see their Blue Demons call the United Center home can forget it.
J.J. Moore scored 21 points off the bench and No. 20 Pittsburgh shot a school-record 72 percent to beat DePaul 81-66 on Saturday in the Panthers’ last Big East regular-season game.
The Big East and the so-called “Catholic 7″, which includes DePaul, officially announced their much-anticipated split Friday, which will become effective July 1.
Brandon Triche and James Southerland combined for 37 points in the final home game of their careers, and No. 17 Syracuse beat DePaul 78-57 on Wednesday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
Toarlyn Fitzpatrick scored 19 points, Anthony Collins and Victor Rudd both added 16 and South Florida stopped a 10-game losing streak by beating DePaul 83-73 Sunday.
Russ Smith scored 17 points, Peyton Siva had 16 and No. 10 Louisville beat DePaul 79-58 on Wednesday night for its fourth consecutive victory.
D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera scored a career-high 33 points — the most by any Georgetown player this season — and the No. 11 Hoyas moved back into a tie for first place in the Big East with a 90-66 win over DePaul.
The pool is currently at 68 teams and as Bobinski told 670 The Score’s Connor McKnight and Adam Hoge Saturday, that’s where it will stay.
Worrel Clahar scored 19 points to lead DePaul to a 75-69 victory over Rutgers on Saturday, snapping the Blue Demons’ nine-game losing streak.
After a two-day seminar, our mock selection committee produced a full NCAA Tournament bracket Friday afternoon at the NCAA’s headquarters in Indianapolis.
Adam is among 20 members of the media from across the country comprising a mock NCAA Tournament selection committee at NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis. The committee is simulating the five-day selection process in a condensed two-day session.
Jerian Grant scored 21 points, including a big three-point play in overtime, to lift No. 21 Notre Dame to an 82-78 win over DePaul on Wednesday night, beating the Blue Demons in overtime for the second time in 11 days.
Vander Blue scored 18 points and Junior Cadougan added 17 as No. 24 Marquette held off DePaul 89-78 on Saturday, the Blue Demons’ eighth straight loss.
First, Daniel Ochefu made a jumper. Then Darrun Hilliard and Ryan Arcidiacono each converted a layup, and Arcidiacono connected on a 3-pointer. One after another, the shots kept going in for Villanova in the second half.
Jack Cooley scored 26 points and grabbed 16 rebounds as Notre Dame beat DePaul 79-71 in overtime on Saturday.
Trey Zeigler scored a season-high 18 points and Pittsburgh crushed DePaul 93-55 on Saturday night for its fourth straight victory.
- Bernstein: Briggs’ Response Shows Bears’ Identity ChallengeHidden in the brush-off Lance Briggs gave the media yesterday is a much larger issue facing a team trying to push one side of the ball into modernity while keeping another rooted in the past.1489
- Brian Urlacher Announces RetirementAfter 13 seasons with the Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher has officially retired.4750
- Bulls Draft Pick Nikola Mirotic Named MVP Of Spanish LeagueChicago Bulls draft pick Nikola Mirotic has been named the MVP of Spain's professional basketball league, the ACB League.855
- Tiger Woods Harshly Responds To Sergio Garcia’s ‘Fried Chicken’ RemarkThe feud between Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia continues.1838
- Briggs On Bears’ Turnover: ‘I Miss Everybody’Bears linebacker Lance Briggs is still getting used to life without his old buddies.590
- Break Down Of Kyle Long’s ContractThe Bears inked first-round draft picked Kyle Long to a four-year contract over the weekend with an option for a fifth year.442
- Hoge’s Observations From Bears’ OTAs: Trestman Running A Tight ShipBears players have learned quickly that Trestman isn't going to put up with nonsense during his practices.1574
- 18-Foot-8-Inch Python Caught In South FloridaThe longest Burmese python ever caught in the state — 18 feet, 8 inches long and 128 pounds — was found alongside a rural South Florida road, wildlife officials said Monday.800