Shane Larkin hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with a minute left and Miami kept possession on a ball knocked out of bounds that probably should have gone to Illinois, helping the Hurricanes hold on for a 63-59 victory Sunday night to advance to the NCAA round of 16.
Brandon Paul and D.J. Richardson made consecutive 3-pointers to give Illinois the lead with 6 minutes left and the seventh-seeded Illini pulled out a tough 57-49 win over Colorado in a game of wild momentum swings Friday in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
The last time Illinois and Colorado squared off in a game that truly meant something, the Fighting Illini fell far behind, staged a furious comeback and escaped with a dramatic one-point victory.
Illinois ran out of the gate to start this season, a hot-shooting surprise that opened 12-0 just months after imploding in a way that made observers wonder whether the Illini might carry the effects for some time.
Adam Hoge has spent the better part of the last 42 hours breaking down the bracket and digging up answers to those bracketing questions you have.
Check out the full TV schedule for this weekend’s NCAA Tournament games!
View and print the entire NCAA Tournament bracket here!
For the second straight season, the top four seeds at the Big Ten Tournament have advanced to the semifinals. Here’s a quick look at what to watch for Saturday at the United Center:
About 20 minutes had passed since their failed attempt at beating the Indiana Hoosiers for the second time this season, but there was still a small sense of accomplishment in the room.
Cody Zeller scored 24 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead No. 3 Indiana past Illinois 80-64 Friday in the Big Ten quarterfinals.
A quick look at what to watch for Friday as the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals are played in Chicago:
When Minnesota guard Austin Hollins stepped out of bounds with 14.6 seconds left in regulation, John Groce had a decision to make.
Brandon Paul scored 25 points and hit a fadeaway jumper at the buzzer to lead Illinois to a 51-49 victory over Minnesota in the first round of the Big Ten tournament on Thursday.
A quick look at what to watch for Thursday as the Big Ten Tournament gets underway in Chicago.
Throughout all the brimstone, my mind kept sparking back to a thought that’s been in my head for weeks: The Fighting Illni and Weber’s Kansas State Wildcats have no business meeting in the NCAA Tournament this season. And here’s to hoping that they don’t.
Bruce Weber isn’t on the sidelines in Champaign any longer. But that hardly means the guy can’t still stir up the Illini faithful.
The Big Ten has released the completed bracket for the Big Ten Tournament, which begins Thursday, March 14 at the United Center.
Deshaun Thomas, playing perhaps his final home game for No. 14 Ohio State, scored 19 points Sunday to lead the Buckeyes to a 68-55 victory over Illinois, keeping alive their hopes of a Big Ten title tie.
Sultan Muhammad hit a 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds remaining as Green Bay defeated Illinois-Chicago 64-63 in the quarterfinals of the Horizon League tournament on Friday night.
The Chief Illiniwek saga took a strange twist when it was revealed by the Daily Illini that unofficial results for all referendums on the 2013 student ballot had been released – except for the one involving the Chief.
Photos from the Illinois Indiana game on February 7th. The Fighting Illini won the game 74-72.
Joe Paterno’s coaching career has come to a crashing end. Here are a number of photos of Paterno through the years.
- Stalberg Officially Out In Game 2Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 2 against the Red Wings today as Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will likely stick with the same lineup that worked in Game 1.177
- Report: Titus Young Told His Ex He ‘Understood Why OJ Killed His Wife’The sad story of former Lions wide receiver Titus Young just keeps getting worse.1169
- Veteran O-Line Coach: ‘Concerned’ Over Kyle Long Missing Offseason ProgramsBefore he was even drafted, Bears first-round draft pick Kyle Long was already at a disadvantage.572
- Crap Of The Week: Bud SeligThis week's Crap of the Week goes out to Bud Selig.1010
- Michael Jordan Once Forced A Young Bow Wow To Get Rid Of His Allen Iverson ShoesMichael Jordan takes his brand very, very seriously.1140
- Sharks’ Torres Suspended For Rest Of Kings SeriesSharks forward Raffi Torres was suspended for the rest of San Jose's second-round playoff series against Los Angeles on Thursday for an illegal check to the head of Kings forward Jarret Stoll during the opener.220
- Report: Jim Miller Takes Position With Bears OrganizationFormer Bears quarterback Jim Miller is returning to the franchise he spent four seasons at quarterback with.1330
- Ex-NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Dead In Apparent SuicideAuthorities in North Carolina say former NASCAR driver Dick Trickle has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 71.541