By the end of that ugly Big Ten basketball tilt in Iowa City on Tuesday night, the only thing more plentiful among the Illini than missed shots was their disappointment.
Devyn Marble scored 21 points and Iowa beat Illinois 63-55 on Tuesday night for its fifth win in seven games.
Illinois used double-figure scoring from five players to hold off stubborn Nebraska Saturday, 72-65.
In honor of Assembly Hall’s “Big Five-Oh,” here are the five most memorable Illini hoops moments that Dave Wischnowsky witnessed there in person.
Trey Burke had 26 points and eight assists to help No. 7 Michigan bounce back from a slow start to beat Illinois 71-58 Sunday.
In 2006, when Indianapolis beat out Chicago for exclusive rights to host the Big Ten men’s basketball tournament from 2008-12, conference commissioner Jim Delany expressed his hope that a fixed location would help boost attendance for his league’s hoops extravaganza.
D.J. Richardson started slow Thursday but finished with 18 points and hit a pair of key free throws late in Illinois’ ugly 64-59 win over Penn State.
The Big Ten Tournament’s return to Chicago is already a hit.
Let’s take a look at the floor and ceiling for each Big Ten contender as the regular season nears an end.
I can thank 150 of my new friends in the Orange Krush, the University of Illinois’ famous student basketball cheering section that’s become infamous throughout the Big Ten for hijacking the opposition’s stadiums.
Illinois has hired Marcus Berry as its new director of player personnel, according to a news release by the university.
During their winning streak, the Illini have also beaten top-ranked Indiana, then-No. 18 Minnesota and Purdue.
The pool is currently at 68 teams and as Bobinski told 670 The Score’s Connor McKnight and Adam Hoge Saturday, that’s where it will stay.
College football seems to just keep getting bigger.
After a two-day seminar, our mock selection committee produced a full NCAA Tournament bracket Friday afternoon at the NCAA’s headquarters in Indianapolis.
Former Illini standout and Illinois’ Mr. Basketball has been sentenced to eight days in the Lake County Jail, a judge ruled Friday.
What a turnaround it’s been for Illinois.
Adam is among 20 members of the media from across the country comprising a mock NCAA Tournament selection committee at NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis. The committee is simulating the five-day selection process in a condensed two-day session.
D.J. Richardson scored 18 points and Illinois opened up a big first-half lead that buried Purdue 79-59 on Wednesday night.
) Illinois hired a familiar face to coach its defensive line in Greg Colby.
Photos from the Illinois Indiana game on February 7th. The Fighting Illini won the game 74-72.
Joe Paterno’s coaching career has come to a crashing end. Here are a number of photos of Paterno through the years.
- Hoge: Door Opens For Red Wings After Poor Effort By BlackhawksSaturday's 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.208
- Stalberg Officially Out In Game 2Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 2 against the Red Wings today as Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will likely stick with the same lineup that worked in Game 1.177
- Report: Titus Young Told His Ex He ‘Understood Why OJ Killed His Wife’The sad story of former Lions wide receiver Titus Young just keeps getting worse.1169
- Veteran O-Line Coach: ‘Concerned’ Over Kyle Long Missing Offseason ProgramsBefore he was even drafted, Bears first-round draft pick Kyle Long was already at a disadvantage.572
- Crap Of The Week: Bud SeligThis week's Crap of the Week goes out to Bud Selig.1010
- Michael Jordan Once Forced A Young Bow Wow To Get Rid Of His Allen Iverson ShoesMichael Jordan takes his brand very, very seriously.1140
- Sharks’ Torres Suspended For Rest Of Kings SeriesSharks forward Raffi Torres was suspended for the rest of San Jose's second-round playoff series against Los Angeles on Thursday for an illegal check to the head of Kings forward Jarret Stoll during the opener.220
- Report: Jim Miller Takes Position With Bears OrganizationFormer Bears quarterback Jim Miller is returning to the franchise he spent four seasons at quarterback with.1330