Outdoor NHL hockey will return to Chicago when the Blackhawks host the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 1, 2014 at Solider Field.
Tuesday, “the group in charge of the new college football playoff” announced that said playoff will be called “College Football Playoff”.
The Bowl Championship Series will be replaced by the College Football Playoff.
The Atlantic Coast Conference presidents have agreed for the league to retain media rights for a school that leaves the conference.
New Northwestern basketball coach Chris Collins got a slice of good news Friday afternoon when forward Drew Crawford announced that he will remain at Northwestern for his final year of eligibility during the 2013-14 season.
The state of Kentucky now has two more championships in the past two years than the entire Big Ten Conference has over the past 13.
New Northwestern coach Chris Collins has made his first move as head coach.
Chris Collins was introduced as Northwestern’s 24th head men’s basketball coach Tuesday. But that may have been the second most important development inside Welsh-Ryan Arena.
Collins’ Blue Devil blood alone is probably enough to get most Illini fans’ own boiling, but he may also elevate the rivalry in other ways both on and off the court in Evanston.
Though new Northwestern basketball coach Chris Collins, currently an assistant coach for Duke, claims his focus right now is winning a National Championship with the Blue Devils, he called the Wildcats job “everything I was looking for.”
Northwestern has officially announced Duke assistant Chris Collins as its next head basketball coach, according to a team release.
Collins and Northwestern may be an ideal fit. It will certainly look and sound that way while it’s still all about appearances.
Chris Collins will indeed be the next head coach at Northwestern.
As multiple reports Tuesday indicate Northwestern will hire Duke assistant Chris Collins as its next head coach, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein joined 670 The Score’s Adam Hoge to talk about the potential hire.
Duke associate head coach and Illinois native Chris Collins is the heavy frontrunner to replace Bill Carmody at Northwestern.
Since 1920, Northwestern has had just one basketball coach who actually was able to leave Evanston with a winning record – and probably his sanity – intact.
Comcast Sports Net Bulls analyst Kendall Gill has been suspended after an altercation with the Big Ten Network’s Tim Doyle Tuesday evening in the CSN newsroom.
Bill Carmody is officially out at Northwestern, ending a 13-year run that did not include any NCAA Tournament berths.
For the second straight season, the top four seeds at the Big Ten Tournament have advanced to the semifinals. Here’s a quick look at what to watch for Saturday at the United Center:
A quick look at what to watch for Friday as the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals are played in Chicago:
Joe Paterno’s coaching career has come to a crashing end. Here are a number of photos of Paterno through the years.
Check out these great photos of the football transformation at Wrigley Field for Saturday’s game between Northwestern and Illinois.
- Baffoe: Penn State Fans Not Directing Their Anger At The Right PeopleOver a year later, it’s the same story. And unfortunately, again, the anger is directed at the wrong people.903
- Chad Johnson Arrested In Probation ViolationFormer NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson has been arrested for a probation violation stemming from an altercation with his now ex-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada.671
- Wizards’ Beal On Derrick Rose: ‘I Think He’s Scared’Bradley Beal was asked if he would lose respect for a Wizards' teammate if they made the same decision and the answer was telling.1153
- Bernstein: Other NBA Teams Try Hard, TooFour NBA teams remain in the running for the title, and the never-say-die Bulls are not one of them because, well, they died.1110
- Hoge: Door Opens For Red Wings After Poor Effort By BlackhawksSaturday's 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.208
- Stalberg Officially Out In Game 2Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 2 against the Red Wings today as Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will likely stick with the same lineup that worked in Game 1.177
- Nolan Ryan’s Oldest Son Named Astros PresidentReid Ryan choked back tears as he was introduced as president of his beloved Astros, the team he grew up watching in the days when his Hall of Fame father, Nolan Ryan, starred as a pitcher for Houston.13
- Report: Titus Young Told His Ex He ‘Understood Why OJ Killed His Wife’The sad story of former Lions wide receiver Titus Young just keeps getting worse.1169