The general consensus is that Carmody’s job is in the hands of Phillips right now, but a new question was raised after Thursday’s loss: Does Carmody even want to return?
Devyn Marble scored 19 points to help Iowa hold on for an important 73-59 victory over Northwestern in the first round of the Big Ten tournament on Thursday night.
A quick look at what to watch for Thursday as the Big Ten Tournament gets underway in Chicago.
Keith Appling scored 16 points and Gary Harris added 12 to lift No. 10 Michigan State to a 71-61 win over Northwestern on Sunday night.
Jermaine Marshall and D.J. Newbill each scored 18 points to lead Penn State to a 66-59 victory over Northwestern on Thursday night.
Lenzelle Smith scored a season-high 24 points, Deshaun Thomas added 19 and No. 16 Ohio State used a late run to beat Northwestern 63-53 on Thursday night.
He needs to cut the cord with Bill Carmody. Then, if NU’s AD is as smart as NU’s student body, he’ll make every effort to replace him with Duke associate head coach Chris Collins, a prodigal North Shore son who would fit Evanston like a winter glove.
In 2006, when Indianapolis beat out Chicago for exclusive rights to host the Big Ten men’s basketball tournament from 2008-12, conference commissioner Jim Delany expressed his hope that a fixed location would help boost attendance for his league’s hoops extravaganza.
The Big Ten Tournament’s return to Chicago is already a hit.
Jared Berggren and Ben Brust each scored 12 points, and No. 19 Wisconsin shut down Northwestern 69-41 on Wednesday night for its fifth win in six games.
During their winning streak, the Illini have also beaten top-ranked Indiana, then-No. 18 Minnesota and Purdue.
The pool is currently at 68 teams and as Bobinski told 670 The Score’s Connor McKnight and Adam Hoge Saturday, that’s where it will stay.
After a two-day seminar, our mock selection committee produced a full NCAA Tournament bracket Friday afternoon at the NCAA’s headquarters in Indianapolis.
Adam is among 20 members of the media from across the country comprising a mock NCAA Tournament selection committee at NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis. The committee is simulating the five-day selection process in a condensed two-day session.
Deshaun Thomas scored 22 points and No. 13 Ohio State used a late 12-0 run to beat Northwestern 69-59 on Thursday night, the Buckeyes’ 32nd consecutive home win against the Wildcats.
Northwestern University basketball will try out “Purple Pricing,” designed by economics professor Jeffrey Ely to increase revenue and fairness, and also decrease the number of empty seats at low-interest games.
Jared Swopshire’s collegiate career came to a premature end Tuesday when the Northwestern senior guard had to have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.
Devyn Marble broke a lengthy slump with 21 points and Iowa beat Northwestern 71-57 on Saturday to snap a two-game losing streak.
The Chicago Cubs and Northwestern University announced what they are calling an “innovative, multi-year event and reciprocal marketing partnership” Tuesday that will include five Wildcats football games at Wrigley Field.
Northwestern and the Chicago Cubs have announced a new partnership that will lead to more games at Wrigley, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
Joe Paterno’s coaching career has come to a crashing end. Here are a number of photos of Paterno through the years.
Check out these great photos of the football transformation at Wrigley Field for Saturday’s game between Northwestern and Illinois.
- Wisch: Cutler’s Future Looming Large For Bears In 2013The only thing that is certain for Bears this season is that one eye will be on Jay – and the other on the future – throughout 2013.998
- Blackhawks Unhappy With Goaltender Interference CallAdding insult to injury, the Blackhawks were also forced to deal with questions surrounding the goalie interference call that took away what would have been the game-tying goal in the third period.457
- Silverman: Toews May Have Company, But It’s Time To End His SlumpIt is no longer a shrug-your-shoulders matter.181
- Manti Te’o Off-Limits To Media But Not Maxim PartyThe San Diego Chargers are keeping Manti Te'o off-limits to the media — for now.407
- Bears Terminate Contract Of Andre FluellenThe Bears terminated the contract of vested veteran Andre Fluellen Monday.307
- Baffoe: Penn State Fans Not Directing Their Anger At The Right PeopleOver a year later, it’s the same story. And unfortunately, again, the anger is directed at the wrong people.903
- Chad Johnson Arrested In Probation ViolationFormer NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson has been arrested for a probation violation stemming from an altercation with his now ex-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada.671
- Wizards’ Beal On Derrick Rose: ‘I Think He’s Scared’Bradley Beal was asked if he would lose respect for a Wizards' teammate if they made the same decision and the answer was telling.1156