Latest Autos News
- City Warns Of Street Closures For Lollapalooza Streets bordering Grant Park will be blocked off to traffic for at least three days, from Friday through Sunday, during the sold out festival, according to a statement from the Office of Emergency Management and Communications.
- Hyundai Recalls 883K Sonatas To Fix Gear Shifters Hyundai is recalling its popular Sonata midsize sedan to fix problems with the gear shift levers. The recall covers 883,000 cars from the 2011 through 2014 model years.
- Driver Questioned After Fatal Edgewater Crash Police were questioning the driver of a car that plowed into several parked cars and a CTA bus in the Edgewater neighborhood on Wednesday, killing a 71-year-old man who was putting groceries in his trunk.
- One Dead, Three Hurt In Bus Crash In Edgewater A man loading groceries into his car in Edgewater was killed late Wednesday morning, after his car was struck by another vehicle involved in a crash with a CTA bus.
- US Opens Probe Of Chevrolet Impala Air Bag Performance The probe was opened over an April 2011 car crash that severely injured an elderly man when the passenger air bags didn't deploy.
- Plug-In Car Sales Charging Ahead Plug-In 2014, the premiere electric vehicle conference in the nation, began on Monday at the San Jose Convention Center with those in attendance discussing and debating the future of plug-in cars.
- Small Cars Don't Fare Well In New Crash Tests Only one of 12 vehicles earns "good" rating in Insurance Institute for Highway Safety test.
- Proposed E15 Mandate Runs Out Of Gas After Marathon Hearing A measure to require many gas stations in Chicago to sell gasoline with a higher mix of ethanol stalled in the City Council on Monday, after a marathon Finance Committee hearing.
- Owner Of Gary Auto-Body Shop Gunned Down At Work Right after Antonio Tolbert's family learned he had been murdered, they rushed to the body shop he owned in Gary. CBS 2's Jim Williams reports.
- GM 2Q Profit Falls 85 Percent On Recall Costs General Motors says second-quarter profit fell 85 percent as recall costs chopped $1.5 billion from the bottom line.