Latest Autos News
- Speed Cameras Net City $50M Less Than Expected Good behavior is bad for the budget. Real bad, reports CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
- Chrysler Issues Recall For Nearly 907K Cars, SUVs Chrysler is recalling nearly 907,000 Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep SUVs and cars for failing alternators and heated power mirrors that can cause minor fires.
- Man Steals, Crashes SUV Of Good Samaritan Who Pulled Over To Help Him It was a seriously bum deal for a Good Samaritan who tried to help another driver after a crash in Yorkville. CBS 2’s Brad Edwards has the Original Report.
- Woman Spotted Riding Divvy Rental Bike On Dan Ryan Stephanie Kemen and her boyfriend were heading south on Dan Ryan near the I-55 split about 10:30 a.m. on Saturday when they spotted a woman riding a Divvy bicycle beside them.
- Tesla Adding All-Wheel Drive, Safety Features Luxury electric car maker Tesla Motors is making its Model S sedan faster and safer in an effort to compete better with other high-end sedans.
- Mitsubishi Recalls Cars, SUVs For Stalling Problem Mitsubishi is recalling nearly 166,000 older small cars and SUVs in the U.S. because the engines can stall unexpectedly.
- Nissan Recalls 2013 Altima Cars Because Hoods Can Fly Open Nissan is recalling more than 220,000 Altima midsize cars in the U.S. because the hoods could fly open while they're being driven.
- Woman Paralyzed In Crash, Two Others Sue Driver Who Fled Kelsey Ibach and three others got into Philip Cho’s 2008 BMW 535i on Sept. 13, according to the suit and police. Cho, who was allegedly drunk, lost control of the vehicle, which struck a utility pole and rolled over in the 700 block of West Erie, the...
- GM Uses Facebook, Phone calls To Get Recalled Cars Fixed Despite the heavy publicity surrounding the scandal, many drivers evidently haven't heard of the recall or haven't grasped how serious the defect is...
- Feds Probe Power Steering In Ford Midsize Cars Auto safety regulators have opened an investigation into complaints that the power-assisted steering can suddenly fail on three Ford Motor Co. midsize car models.