Latest Autos News
- "Ridiculous" Lines Jam Emissions Testing Facilities Hundreds of drivers stewed in frustratingly long lines at auto emissions testing sites across the Chicago area on Tuesday, as motorists scrambled to get their cars tested so they can get their new license plate stickers.
- Teens Smash Windshields Outside Kenwood Co-Op Building Neighbors said at least 30 teenagers seemingly appear out of nowhere near the Harper Square Cooperative at 4800 S. Lake Park Av.
- Amid Bloody Holiday Weekend, Police Promise More Patrols Barely halfway into the Memorial Day weekend, nearly as many people have been shot across Chicago as the entire holiday weekend last year, with police promising to step up patrols even further.
- Think TSA Lines Are Long? Try Getting Your Emissions Test In Illinois CBS 2's Dana Kozlov reports from Naperville, where motorists were queued up to show their cars are environmentally sound.
- Toyota Invests In Uber, Offers Lease Deals To Drivers Toyota is investing in Uber, making it the latest car company to put money in a ride-hailing app.
- Muscle Cars Aren't So Strong In Crash Tests Muscle cars may look cool, but they don't offer the best protection in a crash. The Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger didn't get the highest ratings in new tests.
- Chicagoland Gas Prices Hit Highest Level Of 2016 Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst at GasBuddy.com, said the increase is due, in part, to refinery maintenance, which will take longer than expected.
- Safety Advocates Say Fatal Car Seat Failures Are 'Public Health Crisis' Safety advocates say automakers and regulators have acted with "criminal" negligence in failing to remedy a long-acknowledged auto safety flaw that watchdogs say has played a role in hundreds of deaths, creating a "public health crisis."
- Detroit's Automakers, Sensing A Threat, Embrace Mobility For Detroit, the days of simply making cars are over.
- Kenseth Holds Off Larson For Thrilling Win At Dover Matt Kenseth used some of his veteran experience to find the high groove on the mile concrete track and surge to victory Sunday in the wreck-filled race at Dover International Speedway.