Cubs Broadcast Schedule
Tune to WBBM 780AM
Pre-game begins 25 mins
before the game starts
- Anthony Rizzo, Addison Russell Power Cubs To Win Over Diamondbacks Rizzo hit a grand slam in Chicago's eight-run fifth inning, and Russell homered twice.
- Levine: New Infield Rotation Could Leave Starlin Castro On Bench "It's not about anybody right now," Joe Maddon says. "It's about the Cubs."
- Levine: Cubs Will Be Cautious With Kyle Schwarber Injury Schwarber has a right rib cage strain and will be out at least three games.
- Joe Maddon Managing Around Lineup Challenges Maddon isn't afraid to be unconventional to make his lineup work.
- Preview: Diamondbacks-Cubs Zack Godley opposes Jon Lester this afternoon at Wrigley Field.
- Grote: Cubs Have Moved Past Developmental Phase -- It's All About Winning "They are allowing their talent to take over and win the ball game," Theo Epstein says.
- Cubs' Kyle Schwarber Out At Least 3-5 Days With Rib Cage Strain Schwarber could be out longer, as the Cubs figure to be cautious with him.
- Cubs' Jake Arrieta Named NL Pitcher Of The Month For August Additionally, Kris Bryant was named the NL Rookie of the Month.
- Albert Almora, Oscar De La Cruz Earn Cubs' Minor League Honors For August Almora was the player of the month and De La Cruz was the pitcher of the month for August.
- Cubs' Chris Coghlan 'Grateful' For Chance In Turnaround Season Coghlan has played a unique, versatile role for the Cubs.
- Levine: Cubs Concerned About Kyle Schwarber's Rib Injury, Pending MRI Result The Cubs confirmed they had an MRI done to check on the possible extent of the rib cage or oblique injury.
- Kris Bryant's Error Sets Up Joey Votto's Winning Homer As Reds Top Cubs Bryant's error with two outs in the top of the ninth proved quite costly.
- Watch: Javy Baez Swung So Hard At An Aroldis Chapman Fastball That He Fell Down Baez apparently had just one goal in mind in Wednesday's ninth inning: hit a three-run homer.
- Levine: Joe Maddon's Aversion To Batting Practice Is Paying Off "I really prefer fresh," Maddon says.
- Jorge Soler Believes He'll Be Back Before End Of Regular Season Soler is recovering from a left oblique strain.
- Jake Arrieta: 'We've Got A Shot To Do Some Pretty Special Things' Arrieta also addresses his Cy Young chances and long-term future with the Cubs.
- Preview: Reds-Cubs Raisel Iglesias opposes Jason Hammel this afternoon at Wrigley Field.
- Levine: Kyle Schwarber Ignites Cubs' Comeback Joe Maddon wanted Schwarber to stay patient amid his slump. He did.
- Schwarber Hits 2-Run HR To Power Cubs Past Reds, 5-4 Schwarber's two-run homer in the bottom of the seventh was the difference.
- Emma: These Youthful Cubs Can Handle What's To Come The Cubs seem to be oblivious to the looming pressure.