Latest CHICAGO Syndicated Sports
If baseball truly wants to take the next step forward, bleed technology for all it can give. Just make sure you get it right.
Following a near-perfect regular season and a first round playoff win over Minnesota, the Blackhawks for the first time are facing adversity.
There’s Jim Cornelison and then there’s… well, Canadian singer Alexis Normand singing this.
Not even a lengthy delay can slow down the Boston Red Sox’ run. No team has been able to stop Jon Lester’s streak of winning decisions.
The Bears terminated the contract of vested veteran Andre Fluellen Monday.
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville confirmed that winger Viktor Stalberg will return to the lineup tonight for Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals in Detroit.
Over a year later, it’s the same story. And unfortunately, again, the anger is directed at the wrong people.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is a finalist for the Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award, which is presented to the player who exemplifies great leadership qualities to his team, on and off the ice during the regular season.
Bradley Beal was asked if he would lose respect for a Wizards’ teammate if they made the same decision and the answer was telling.
Four NBA teams remain in the running for the title, and the never-say-die Bulls are not one of them because, well, they died.
Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.
Viktor Stalberg will not play in Game 2 against the Red Wings today as Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville will likely stick with the same lineup that worked in Game 1.
In any case, however, the question of who ultimately foots the bill isn’t the one I’m interested in delving into today. Rather, it’s this: Is DePaul’s new arena actually a good thing for its students?
The Chicago Bears and first-round draft pick Kyle Long agreed to a four-year contract Friday.
Now in his fifth year with the Hawks, Joel Quenneville has already won a Stanley Cup and a President’s Cup, while also delivering a really solid job with a with a young team in 2009.
The sad story of former Lions wide receiver Titus Young just keeps getting worse.
Blackhawks winger Viktor Stalberg denied reports that he complained about playing time, telling a reporter “check your sources better.”
Before he was even drafted, Bears first-round draft pick Kyle Long was already at a disadvantage.
Paulie Malignaggi is currently the WBA Welterweight Champion of the World. Paulie is fighting Adrien Broner June 22nd at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn. He is also a boxing analyst for Showtime and will be calling the fight between Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthysse. The fight is this Saturday in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and will be broadcasted live on Showtime.
This week’s Crap of the Week goes out to Bud Selig.
Now on CBS
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!