Arlene’s Taco Appetizer By Arlene from Naperville, IL Ingredients: 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened 6oz cottage cheese, small curd 1 envelope of taco seasoning (preferably low salt) 1/3 head of lettuce, shredded or thinly […]
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole By Judith Domina from Evergreen Park, IL Ingredients: 1½ bags of frozen hash browns (small squares) 1 lb sour cream 1 Large bag of shredded cheddar cheese 1 can cream of […]
The Best Tailgate Brats Ever By Thomas Paulson Ingredients: 1-2 Dozen of your favorite fresh brats (or more) 3-4 Bottles of beer (some decent beer here people, not that light crap!) 1-2 Jars of Franks […]
Mushroom Cheese Stromboli Recipe By Larry Colvin from Brookfield, IL INGREDIENTS 1 ounce bacon (about 1 ½ slices), chopped 1 ½ pounds cremini, shiitake (stemmed) and Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/4-inch slices 2 medium cloves […]
Jackaretto Bon Bons By George Merelos from Naperville, IL Ingredients: (makes about 24 one-inch balls) 6-oz. pkg. Chocolate Chips 3 tablespoons Corn Syrup ¼ cup fine Granulated Sugar ¼ cup Gentleman Jack 2 teaspoons Instant […]
Bonnie’s Baby Back Bites By Bonnie McGreal from Tinley Park, IL Ingredients: (makes approx 36 “bites”) 3 full slabs of baby back ribs 1 tablespoon paprika 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon […]
Steak & Barley Soup Julie Cichon from Brookfield, IL Ingredients: 3 lbs. Ribeye Steak, cut into 1 in. chunks 2 medium sweet onions, diced 4 carrots, chopped 1½ cups celery, chopped 1 head of garlic, […]
By Mike Chuinard from Bristol, IL Ingredients: (makes 6) 2 Red Onions 8 tablespoons Butter 1/2 teaspoon Sugar 2 lbs. ground Chuck 2 sliced white Bread 4 tablespoons Milk 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt 1 ½ […]
Zesty Grilled Stuffed Poblano Peppers (The Perfect Football Shaped Tailgate Food) By Danielle Bronkema from Broadview, IL Ingredients: Six large Poblano peppers 1/2 pound spicy ground Italian sausage 1/2 pound sweet Sicilian sausage (love the […]
by Bill Klimah from Bolingbrook, IL Ingredients: 8 jumbo chicken wings, trim excess fat Half gallon of water 4 limes, squeeze the limes dry with a lime squeezer 1/8 cup Kosher Salt Your favorite poultry […]
By Brian Sprouse from West Chicago, IL Ingredients: 5 lb pork shoulder rubbed then refrigerated for 24 hours 5 tomatillos quartered 5 tomatoes quartered 2 Spanish onions, quartered 3 Spanish onions (1 diced, 2 sliced […]
By Peter Singh from Naperville, IL Ingredients: 2 Tablespoons salt pork, minced 2 pounds London broil, diced 1 inch 1 large yellow onion, minced 1 green bell pepper, sliced 1 Tablespoon minced garlic 1 Tablespoon […]
By Shanna Early from Crete, IL Ingredients: 1 box jumbo pasta shells 1¼ lbs. ground beef 1 package cream cheese 1 package shredded cheddar cheese 2 tablespoons butter Chili Powder to taste (approx. 3 tablespoons) […]
Congratulations to Greg Schwarze from Carol Stream! Ingredients: 1 lb bacon 1 lb summer sausage 4 10z cans black beans 3 10z cans red beans 1 10z can diced tomatoes 1 bag frozen corn 3 […]
Congratulations to Ron Atanus from Mount Prospect, IL! Start with: 5 lbs lean flank steak cut into (5) ½ in. thick 1 lb. pieces Rub: 3 tablespoons garlic powder 1 tablespoon sea salt 1 teaspoon […]
Congratulations to Susan Miller for her winning Smokey Tailgate Chili recipe!
Congratulations to Brandon Richardella from Blue Island for his All Mighty Ribs!
Congratulations to Emmett Price from Cedar Lake, Indiana for his Pork Tenderloin Fajitas recipe!
Congratulations to Week #11′s winner Nancy Clennon for her Grilled Stuffed Potato Skins!
Congrats to Bill Rank from Oak Forest for his “Titletown Beer Cheese Soup”!
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!