Seen on CBS 2
The plan, called safe passage- involves not only police, but firefighters, animal control officers and streets and san employees. CBS 2′s Dorothy tucker explains why they’re so upset.
Police and firefighters got a tip about a boy’s body possibly in the river near 31st and First Avenue. Cook County Sheriff’s officers pulled the child out of the water and the body has been taken to the medical examiner’s office for identification.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Tuesday continued to duck reporters’ questions about the proposed sports and entertainment complex for McCormick Place.
Someone dumped a mother Labrador retriever and 17 puppies at the side of a dark road in the Indiana Dunes State Park on Friday.
“These are the worst of the worst,” said Kathleen Summers, who helped author the “A Horrible Hundred” report. It focuses on facilities that have been previously cited in publicly available inspection documents.
The 2 Investigators reviewed hundreds of CTA security bulletins from the last 2 ½ years. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley talked with the Alsip company that provided the so-called “party bus” to two dozen Oswego East High School students.
Being a police officer just got more dangerous in Chicago. According to information gathered by the Cook County Sheriff’s office, a street gang wants to ambush and kill police officers near 19th and Oakley west of the Loop. CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports.
A new survey out this week found that the biggest distraction at work is noisy coworkers. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey has more on what noises people find most distracting and why noise — actually helps one local company.
DePaul University is about to sign a publicy-assisted deal to build a nearly $300 million basketball arena near McCormick Place, CBS 2 confirms.
A sailor from Chicago was shot and killed in the Bahamas over the weekend, while trying to stop two muggers.
An elderly woman was beaten to death inside her South Shore home, and one of her daughters found her body on Mother’s Day.
This Mother’s Day race is a tradition and many mothers and their friends and families will be here rocking pink– to help support the battle against breast cancer.
54-year-old woman and her 21-year-old son are out of the hospital after being rescued from a fire that engulfed their Lawndale apartment. WBBM’s Bob Roberts spoke with some of those affected and one of their rescuers:
Lake County Indiana Sheriff’s officers were approaching Espinoza’s home in East Chicago to execute a search warrant when they heard a single gunshot.
Up rickety stairs, in narrow gangways and alleys and in houses and apartments, the sheriff’s department was on a mission this week. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
It’s the beginning of a business. It has a product — granola bars — and it has employees. But it doesn’t have a location — yet. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
Police in Orland Park were looking for three men involved in a shooting and a home invasion overnight on a normally quiet block of the southwest suburb.
A 37-year-old Harvey man was scheduled to appear in bond court Friday, after police found one dead dog and seven other abused or neglected dogs while enforcing an eviction at his home in south suburban Harvey.
We all know that cell phones and driving don’t mix, and there are laws against that. But many of us drive around with something that one recent study suggests is 12 times more distracting. CBS 2′s Mary Kay Kleist reports.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!