Chula Vista Resort Contest
Enter for your chance to win! One (1) winner will receive a one (1) night stay in a junior suite and four (4) one-day passes to the water park valid day of check-in and day of checkout at Chula Vista Resort. Now through December 9th. Only one entry per person. Must be 18 years of age or older and legal resident of the Chicago DMA. One (1) winner will be selected randomly from all eligible entries.
CHULA VISTA RESORT CONTEST MATERIAL RULES
No purchase necessary, void where prohibited. The Chula Vista Resort Contest will begin on Monday, December 3rd, 2012 at 12:00AM and end on Sunday, December 9th, 2012 at 11:59PM. To participate in the contest, the participants must enter online at http://www.cbschicago.com. Must be 18 years of age or older and legal resident of the Chicago DMA. Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, December 10th. One (1) winner will receive a one (1) night stay in a junior suite and four (4) one-day passes to the water park valid day of check-in and day of checkout at Chula Vista Resort. Based on availability, blackout dates may apply. Not valid during special events, spring break dates and holiday periods. May not be combined with any other offer, group rate or promotion. Certificate valid from November 29th, 2012 thru November 29th, 2013. Employees of Chula Vista, CBS Corporation, their agencies, affiliates and immediate family members are not eligible. Official rules available at http://www.cbschicago.com.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. How to Enter the Contest:
(a) The Chula Vista Resort Contest will begin on Monday, December 3rd, 2012 at 12:00AM and end on Sunday, December 9th, 2012 at 11:59PM.
(b) To participate in the contest, participants must enter online at http://www.cbschicago.com
(c) Limit one entry per person, no mechanically produced entries.
(d) Sponsor is not responsible for technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable Internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any Web site or online service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the judges determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the judges reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at http://www.cbschicago.com. If, for some reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
(e) Broadcasts are subject to preemptions and scheduling changes. If such changes occur they will be posted on http://www.cbschicago.com
(f) Entry deemed made by holder of e-mail account
(g) Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries.
2. Eligibility Restrictions:
(a) The contest is open to residents within the Chicago Designated Market Area who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of WBBM-TV, CBS Corporation, Chula Vista Resort, television and radio stations in the Chicago market, and their affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising agencies and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate or win.
(b) Viewers are eligible to win a WBBM-TV contest only once every sixty (60) days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest. Viewers are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six (6) months.
(c) All entries become the sole property of Station and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, and warrant and represent that their entry is their original work.
(d) Contestants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that is discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13.
(a) One (1) winner will receive a one (1) night stay in a junior suite and four (4) one-day passes to the water park valid day of check-in and day of checkout at Chula Vista Resort.
The certificate must be mentioned at the time of reservation and presented upon check-
in. Based on availability, blackout dates may apply. Not valid during special events, spring break dates and holiday periods. May not be combined with any other offer, group rate or promotion. Certificate valid from November 29th, 2012 thru November 29th, 2013.
Prize does not include items not specified, such as travel insurance, hotel room service, parking fees, laundry service, food, beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, etc.
Approximate retail value of the prize is $175.
(b) Winner will be notified on or about Monday, December 10th, 2012.
(c) All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of WBBM-TV, 22 West Washington Street, Chicago, IL 60602. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days will be forfeited by the winner. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. WBBM-TV is not responsible for the safe arrival or a prize or prize certificate.
(d) Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash. Station reserves the right to substitute prize of comparable value.
4. Selection of Winners:
(a) Decisions of contest sponsors with respect to the contest are final.
(b) Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Monday, December 10th. Winner will be notified by e-mail. If a winner cannot be notified and/or provide a signed winner affidavit by fax or e-mail to WBBM-TV within forty-eight (48) hours of contest drawing, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing.
(a) Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner and winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from Station.
(b) By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, and to sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to acceptance of the prize. Unless a member of the winner’s immediate family, travel companion(s) must be 18 years of age or older. Travel companion(s) must travel with winner and must also sign and return a travel release, which must be returned with winner’s affidavit of eligibility. By accepting the prize, winner grants to Station the right to use the winner’s name, voice, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, without further permission or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner and companions, by acceptance of their prizes, agree to release Station, CBS Corporation, Chula Vista Resort, their respective parents and subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/ or traveling to any prize-related activity.
6. Contest sponsors reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize
8. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification.
9. To obtain a copy of the official rules and/or winner’s list, please write by February 9th, 2013 to:
Chula Vista Resort Contest Rules
Sales Marketing Department
22 West Washington Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!