Guinness Make It Official Contest
We all know St. Patrick’s Day is the biggest party of the year! This year Guinness is going to Make It Official! Guinness will be looking to set a new Guinness World Record for the largest St. Patrick’s Day party of all time! With over forty countries participating, this is your chance to be part of something big, something huge! So don’t just wear green and eat cabbage, join in! Go to guinness.com to find out how to make it official.
AND to make this St. Patrick’s Day even more memorable, Guinness and The Score are giving away a trip for two to Ireland! Fill out the form below for your chance to win!
GUINNESS STOUT , THE OFFICIAL BEER OF ST. PATRICK’S DAY. IMPORTED BY DIAGEO GUINNESS USA, NORWALK CONNECTICUT. COPYRIGHT 2012. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
Guinness/Diageo “Make It Official” Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: This Promotion being administered by WSCR-AM (the “Station”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on Monday, February 20th, 2012, and ends at 11:00:00 p.m. CT on Saturday, March 17th, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). There are two ways to enter this Promotion.
Entry Method No.1 – During the Promotion period, access the WSCR-AM Contests Page at http://www.670thescore.com/contests and follow the on-screen instructions and fill out an online entry form with your first and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address.
Entry Method No. 2 – During the Promotion Period, send a text message with the word “GUINNESS” from your mobile phone addressed to short code 67011. Once you send the text message, you will be automatically entered to win. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider.
All online and text entries must be received no later than 11:00:00 p.m. CT on March 17th, 2012. All entries become the sole property of the Station and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. All entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Promotion using the text messaging method. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated. If you send your entry via the web site, prize will be awarded to the name provided in the entry. Standard text messaging fees apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Text messaging service is not available in all areas. Only one entry per person is permitted regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of the Station to notify the winner. Station assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect, entries or other Promotion materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
2. Prizes: One (1) prize will be awarded during the Promotion Period. The prize is one (1) trip for two (2) people (winner and one (1) guest) to Ireland for three (3) nights on dates to be determined by the station. This trip includes: round trip airfare between Chicago, IL and Ireland, and hotel accommodations (one standard double-occupancy room) for three (3) nights. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize is $2200.
3. Winner Determination: All Station decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Promotion. On Monday March 19th, 2012 one (1) winner will be selected by the Station through a random drawing from all eligible online and text entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning through text or online entry will be determined by the total number of eligible text or online entries received. Winners will be notified by the Station by telephone following the Prize winner drawing. The winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release within 24 hours of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at the Station and Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within 24 hours, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at the Station and Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner’s guest must sign and return a liability/publicity release form prior to redeeming the prize. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
4. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to residents of the State of Illinois who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: DIAGEO – Guinness USA Inc. and their respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. General Conditions: Entry in the Promotion constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Station and Sponsor’s sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Station and Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Prize winner’s guest be also be 21 years of age or older and must sign a Guest’s Liability and Publicity Release. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of the prize winners and guests. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winners and guests shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winners and/or guests from any prize element, based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold the Sponsor, the Station, the Station’s licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the Promotion may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of the undersigned’s receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guests, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever shall release, waive and discharge the Station, Sponsor and all related parties from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Promotion, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Promotion; prize winner’s Promotion entry; use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
Sponsor and Station shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion at any time and for any reason without notice or further obligation.
6. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Station, Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or postage–due mail-in entries, or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Station and Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web-site visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Promotion. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Promotion, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Station that corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Winner’s List: For a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WSCR-AM, 180 N. Stetson Avenue, Suite 1250, Chicago, IL 60601. All requests for the winner’s list must be postmarked by May 3rd, 2012.
Station: WSCR-AM, Chicago, IL
Sponsor: DIAGEO – Guinness USA Inc. (c)2011 Diageo Ireland. Imported by DIAGEO – Guinness USA, Norwalk, CT.
Please Drink Responsibly.
1. Station is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of the Station to notify the winner.
2. The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date birth, and phone number to claim a prize.
3. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
4. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
5. By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
6. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
7. If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
8. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
10. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
11. Employees of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Chicago, IL metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are also ineligible to enter or win.
12. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Travel arrangements must be made through the Station or an agent designated by the Station. Prize is subject to availability. If the winner cannot travel on dates specified by the Station, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in the Station’s sole discretion. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and ground transportation to/from the airport and/or to/from the hotel, unless otherwise specified, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and travel companion(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. If applicable, the winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. The winner and travel companion(s) must sign a Publicity, Liability Waiver and Travel Release form prior to traveling. If a selected event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station, the Station’s sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available portion of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded portion of the prize. The Station reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or travel companion(s) if either engages in a disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any prize-related event.