Jeremiah Weed Rocks
This summer, Jeremiah Weed is going to give you a chance to ROCK RECKLESSLY! Join US99.5, WXRT, KHITS and Jeremiah Weed Premium Malt Beverages as we rock out with the summer’s hottest concerts.
Enter to win tickets and ride to and from the concert on board the Jeremiah Weed Party Express by texting “JWROCKS” to 59393 or enter below.
So Crack open a Lightning Lemonade, Spiked Cola, or Roadhouse Tea and get ready to ROCK RECKLESSLY and drink responsibly this summer! Must be 21 or older to enter. 2012 The Jeremiah Weed Distilling Company, Norwalk, CT.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER
a. These rules govern the “Jeremiah Weed Rock Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) being conducted by CBS Radio East Inc. (WUSN-FM, WXRT-FM, WJMK-FM) (the “Station”) and Jeremiah Weed (collectively the “Promotion Entities”) beginning at 12:01AM Central Time (“CT”) on 05/28/2012 and ending at 12:00PM CT on 8/22/2012 (“Entry Period”).
b. To participate in the Promotion, you may enter online or by text.
To enter online: Log onto http://chicago.cbslocal.com/jeremiah-weed-rocks/ during the Entry Period and follow the links and instructions to enter the Promotion and submit during the Entry Period your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth and a valid email address in the online entry form.
To enter by text: Text the following keyword – “JWROCKS” – to short code 59393 during the Entry Period. Message and data rates may apply, and Promotion Entities are not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for submitting a text entry.
Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems or for telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending a text message. All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by 12:00PM CT during the Entry Period to be eligible.
c. There will be eight (8) Prize winner drawings (“Drawings”) throughout the Entry Period. Prize winners selected in each Drawing will be given the designated Prize for that particular Drawing. In order to be to be eligible for a chance to win a Prize in a Drawing, entrants must submit their text/online entry by 12:00pm CT on the date of the respective Drawing (“Drawing Deadline”).
Drawing #1 will take place on 5/29/12.
Drawing #2 will take place on 6/13/12.
Drawing #3 will take place on 7/11/12.
Drawing #4 will take place on 7/18/12.
Drawing #5 will take place on 8/8/12.
Drawing #6 will take place on 8/8/12.
Drawing #7 will take place on 8/22/12.
Drawing #8 will take place on 8/22/12.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. The Promotion is open to U.S. residents, who are 21 years of age or older as of 05/28/2012 who reside in the Chicago Metropolitan area (includes Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties, Illinois). Employees of Jeremiah Weed, the Station, its licensee, each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, the Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Chicago metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
b. Persons are eligible to win a prize valued at $50 or more or a ticket prize valued at $100 or more (per ticket) in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every thirty (30) days and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion.
c. Each winner and companion are required to provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number and sign and return all required releases in order to claim prize.
d. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
a. Sixty-five (65) Prizes will be awarded in this Promotion. The Prize awarded to each Prize winner will be determined by which Drawing a Prize winner is selected in. Each Drawing’s Prizes are as follows:
1. Drawing #1 Prize: Eighteen (18) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Styx at Wolf Lake Pavillion on 6/9/12 and two (2) Passes for Jeremiah Weed Party Express Bus to/from concert. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is: $120.00
2. Drawing #2 Prize: Three (3) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Sugarland at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre on 6/23/12 and two (2) Passes for Jeremiah Weed Party Express Bus to/from concert. ARV of the Prize is: $120.00
3. Drawing #3 Prize: Two (2) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Gretchen Wilson at Hammond Festival of the Lakes on 7/22/12. ARV of the Prize is: $120.00
4. Drawing #4 Prize: Two (2) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Rascal Flatts at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre on 7/28/12 and two (2) Passes for Jeremiah Weed Party Express Bus to/from concert. ARV of the Prize is: $120.00
5. Drawing #5 Prize: Eighteen (18) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Foreigner at Wolf Lake Pavillion on 8/17/12 and two Passes for Jeremiah Weed Party Express Bus to/from the Foreigner concert. ARV of the Prize is: $120.00
6. Drawing #6 Prize: Two (2) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Jason Aldean at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre on 8/18/12 and two (2) Passes for Jeremiah Weed Party Express Bus to/from concert. ARV of the Prize is: $120.00
7. Drawing #7 Prize: Eighteen (18) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Cheap Trick at Wolf Lake Pavillion on 8/30/12 and two (2) Passes for Jeremiah Weed Party Express Bus to/from concert. ARV of the Prize is: $120.00
8. Drawing #8 Prize: Two (2) Prize winners will each receive two (2) tickets to Toby Keith at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre on 9/2/12 and two (2) Passes for Jeremiah Weed Party Express Bus to/from concert. ARV of the Prize is: $120.00
The tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the tickets.
b. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the prize winners. Prize is valid only on the dates printed on the passes. Tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party.
c. Prize is subject to availability. If prize winner is unable or unwilling to attend any prize-related event on the dates printed on the tickets, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in the Station’s sole discretion. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips, and transportation to/from any Prize-related event (except as specified in these official rules), are the responsibility of the winner. Companion of the winner must be 21 years of age or older. The winner and companion(s) must sign a Publicity and Liability Waiver prior to attending any prize-related event. If a selected event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, the Promotion Entities’ sole responsibility to the prize winner will be to award the remaining available portion of the prize and no substitution will be provided for unawarded portion of prize. Prize is subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The Station reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or companion if either engages in a disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any Prize-related event.
d. All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station during regular business hours at the address below. The prize winners will forfeit their prize if not claimed within two (2) business days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
e. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Promotion Entities. Prize subject to availability and the Promotion Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein is the responsibility of the winner.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
a. Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
b. The Station will select Prize winners through eight (8) random Drawings conducted throughout the entry period. Drawings will include all eligible text and online entries received up until each respective Drawing Deadline. The following number of Prize winners will be selected in each Drawing:
At 1PM CT on 5/28/12, the Station will select eighteen (18) potential Prize winners in Drawing #1
At 1PM CT on 6/13/12, the Station will select three (3) potential Prize winners in Drawing #2
At 1PM CT on 7/11/12, the Station will select two (2) potential Prize winners in Drawing #3
At 1PM CT on 7/18/12 , the Station will select two (2) potential Prize winners in Drawing #4
At 1PM CT on 8/8/12, the Station will select eighteen (18) potential Prize winners in Drawing #5
At 1PM CT on 8/8/12, the Station will select two (2) potential Prize winners in Drawing #6
At 1PM CT on 8/22/12, The Station will select eighteen (18) potential Prize winners in Drawing #7
At 1PM CT on 8/22/12, the Station will select two (2) potential Prize winners in Drawing #8
c. Each potential Prize winner will be notified by phone and email at or around 1:00PM CT by the Station immediately following the respective Prize winner Drawing. The Prizes designated for each Drawing will be awarded to that Drawing’s Prize winners, upon confirmation of eligibility.
d. The odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of valid text and online entries received up until the each respective Drawing Deadline.
e. Entrants need not listen to the Station nor be present to win.
f. The winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within two (2) business days of winning or their prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by a random drawing from remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
b. By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
c. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
d. If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
e. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
f. The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
g. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
h. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by 8/22/2012 to “Jeremiah Weed Rock Sweepstakes – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WXRT-FM, Two Prudential Plaza, 180 N. Stetson, 10th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by 10/22/2012 to the above address marked “Jeremiah Weed Rock – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at http://www.93XRT.com.
Administrator: CBS Radio East Inc., owner and operator of WXRT-FM, Two Prudential Plaza, 180 N. Stetson, 10th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601.
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.94
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- Chicago Red Cross Joining Tornado Relief Effort In OklahomaThe American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has begun mobilizing to help with the relief effort in Oklahoma, after a devastating tornado killed dozens of people.209
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!