Monday Morning Quarterback Divisional Round
Baltimore RavensDenver Broncos
It may have been an inconsistent regular season for Joe Flacco, but he came through in spectacular fashion in the divisional playoffs. The numbers were explosive – he completed 18-of-34 passes for 331 yards and 3 TDs – but it was his ability to come through with the big play that makes this game truly memorable. He threw a 70-yard TD pass to Jacoby Jones in the final 31 seconds that allowed the Ravens to tie the game before winning it in overtime.
A painful end of the year for Peyton Manning, whose interception in overtime gave the Ravens a chance to kick the winning field goal. Manning completed 28-of-43 passes for 290 yards with 3 TDs and 2 interceptions. However, as the game went along, it was obvious Manning had a difficult time putting sufficient velocity on the ball.
San Francisco 49ersGreen Bay Packers
Colin Kaepernick put on a spectacular performance in his first playoff game. Kaepernick completed 17-of-31 passes for 263 yards with 2 TDs and 1 interception, but it was his running that made this game so memorable. Kaepernick ran for 181 yards and 2 TDs and was clearly the reason the Niners outdistanced the 49ers.
Aaron Rodgers was not the best quarterback on the field, and that’s why the Packers could not win this game. He threw for 257 yards with two touchdowns, but the only interception he threw helped turn the game in the 49ers’ favor.
Atlanta FalconsSeattle Seahawks
Matt Ryan’s numbers were not the story in this game. He threw for 250 yards and 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions, but it was his two completions in the final 31 seconds of the game that put the Falcons in position to win the game. Ryan earned his first playoff win and a huge burden was lifted. Russell Wilson was spectacular in the second half for the Seahawks, nearly leading them to a remarkable comeback by throwing 2 TD passes and running for another in the second half.
Ryan put the Falcons in jeopardy by throwing two crucial interceptions, but he managed to overcome his errors. Wilson got off to a slow start in the first half and the sack he took on the last play of the first half kept the Seahawks from getting on the board.
New England PatriotsHouston Texans
Tom Brady lived up to his reputation in the only playoff game of the weekend that went according to the script. Brady attacked the Houston defense and threw for 344 yards with 3 touchdowns and he did not thrown an interception.
Matt Schaub threw for 343 yards and 2 TDs as he tried to help the Texans climb back into the game. However, the majority of his production came after the game had reached the desperation phase. At no point did you get the feeling that Schaub could compete on even terms with Brady on the playoff stage.
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!