Monday Morning Quarterback Wild-Card Weekend
Houston TexansCincinnati Bengals
The Texans got themselves a victory and advance to the divisional playoffs at New England. That’s the good news for quarterback Matt Schaub. He had decent numbers in the victory, completing 29-of-38 passes for 262 yards.
Despite moving on to the next round, Schaub looked unsure and indecisive throughout much of the games. His first half interception was returned for a touchdown by Cincinnati’s Leon Hall. Andy Dalton had a chance to take advantage of Houston’s secondary, but he was not sharp with his passes.
Green Bay PackersMinnesota Vikings
It was not a stellar game for Aaron Rodgers by any means, but he did what was necessary to get Green Bay the win. Rodgers was in charge throughout and completed 23-of-33 passes for 274 yards with a touchdown. He did not throw an interception.
Christian Ponder’s bursitis prevented him from playing and the Vikings were forced to turn the game over to backup Joe Webb. It was a disaster as Webb completed 11-of-30 passes for 180 yards and was simply in way over his head.
Baltimore RavensIndianapolis Colts
The Ravens struggled badly in the season’s final weeks, but they played with purpose against the Colts. That includes quarterback Joe Flacco, who threw for 282 yards and had two TDs and did not throw an interception. He was not careless with the ball and seemed to get better as the game progressed.
Rookie Andrew Luck had chances to get the Colts back in the game, but their drives stalled and they were forced to settle for field goals against the Ravens defense. Luck completed 28-of-54 passes for 288 yards with an interception and you never got the feeling that he had figured out the Baltimore defense.
Seattle SeahawksWashington Redskins
Russell Wilson continues to play like a savvy, experienced quarterback. While the Seahawks quickly fell behind 14-0, there was not an iota of panic in his game. Wilson completed 15-of-26 passes for 187 yards with a touchdown and he also ran for 67 yards. Wilson led the Seahawks to their first road playoff victory since the 1983 season.
RGIII has not been the same quarterback since suffering a knee injury vs. Baltimore in Week 14. He took another blow to his knee early in the game and he had none of the explosiveness with the ball that made him such a threat earlier in the season. RGIII threw for 84 yards in the game and ran for 21 yards. He was ultimately replace by Kirk Cousins, but it was too little, too late.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 5 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 5 hours ago