After two years of producing and reporting for 670 The Score, Adam is now the Sports Editor for CBSChicago.com. In other words, he writes and edits the content that appears on 670TheScore.com.
Adam joined The Score in May of 2009 after a year producing Blackhawks games and various shows at WGN Radio. He was born and raised in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago and attended St. Ignatius College Prep before going off to the University of Wisconsin-Madison where he earned his journalism degree.
Adam spends time covering all of Chicago’s sports teams for CBSChicago.com, but his specialty tends to be college sports, which he has covered for a number of media outlets over the last eight years. He is a member of both the Football Writers Association of America and the United States Basketball Writers Association.
Adam also spent three years freelancing at the Big Ten Network and has contributed to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The Capital Times, NBC-15 (Madison, Wis.) and the Badger Radio Network.
What do you do when the captain needs a captain?
Facing elimination Saturday night at the United Center, the Blackhawks held a full team meeting Friday before an optional practice.
It’s a familiar concern for the Chicago Blackhawks. Especially in the playoffs. Power play production is missing.
Bears linebacker Lance Briggs is still getting used to life without his old buddies.
Bears players have learned quickly that Trestman isn’t going to put up with nonsense during his practices.
Saturday’s 4-1 loss to the Red Wings was their worst effort since their 24-game points streak ended in Colorado Mar. 8.
Now in his fifth year with the Hawks, Joel Quenneville has already won a Stanley Cup and a President’s Cup, while also delivering a really solid job with a with a young team in 2009.
Blackhawks winger Viktor Stalberg denied reports that he complained about playing time, telling a reporter “check your sources better.”
The Blackhawks finally looked like they were playing playoff hockey Wednesday night as they dispatched the Red Wings 4-1 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals.
Red Wings head coach Mike Babock is a big fan of how the Blackhawks built their 2010 Stanley Cup winner and how they’ve rebuilt for a run this season.
Forte was very active in Tuesday’s OTA practice at Halas Hall and believes new head coach Marc Trestman’s offense will suit him better.
If Gabe Carimi’s future with the Bears wasn’t already in doubt, it certainly is now.
It’s time to stop the pain and the suffering. It’s time to put the bull down.
Just two days after it looked like Dave Bolland was set for a return to the third line, the center was back on the Blackhawks’ second line at Monday’s practice.
Midway through the first period of the Blackhawks’ series clinching win Thursday night, a chant not often heard at the United Center broke out.
Blackhawks center Dave Bolland will not make his return from a groin injury Thursday night in Game 5 against the Minnesota Wild, but when he does, he could be playing a different role.
One of the odder moments of the Blackhawks’ series with the Wild came Monday when Wild head coach Mike Yeo subtly accused the Hawks of cheating on faceoffs.
For a team with a 3-1 series lead over the Minnesota Wild, the Blackhawks sure don’t sound like a team that is happy with its play.
In the midst of a slow, gritty contest, Game 1 ultimately went to the Blackhawks because their third line beat the Wild’s top defensive line in overtime.
Ray Emery was on the ice taking shots from goaltending coach Stephane Waite before Thursday’s practice, but when the rest of the team took the ice, the backup goaltender headed back to the locker room.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!