Bob Larson was born in Abington, PA, just outside of Philadelphia, on May 30, 1959. He developed an interest in weather at a very early age when on Christmas Eve, 1966, a
snowstorm accompanied by thunder and lightning swept through Abington.
From that point on, Bob says he has been a student of the atmosphere. In fact, he has kept weather records at home since 1977. Bob played the clarinet in the Abington High School Band before graduating from the school in 1977.
He then worked at the Pennsylvania State University Campus Weather Service before graduating from Penn State with a B.S. degree in Meteorology in 1981. In a countrywide
competition, Bob’s meteorology class at Penn State finished in the top three in the nation. In 1982, Bob started working as a Forecaster-in-Training at AccuWeather, the world’s leading commercial weather service.
Bob has since achieved the distinction of Expert Senior Forecaster. Several years back, Bob became Director of AccuWeather’s Special Clients Department, which forecasts weather for utility companies, golf tournaments, movie production companies, airports and other organizations that need highly specialized forecasts to make operational decisions.
More recently, he became Assistant Afternoon Manager of Forecast Operations. Bob also heads AccuWeather’s Almanac Committee, which tracks daily weather events. In
1997, Bob was elected to AccuWeather’s Hall of Fame, which requires winning eight annual awards.
Bob has two children, Erik, born in 1989, and Blair, who was born in 1992, and one cat named Bouch. A tremendous sports fan, Bob follows most sports, particularly baseball, hockey and Penn State football.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.403
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!