He attended St. Francis Xavier Elementary School and Loyola Academy in Wilmette, before discovering radio while getting his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University/Bloomington.
Bob has won more than 60 awards from his peers for news and sports reporting, including one for which he had to run the Chicago Marathon — then report on it. Bob no longer runs, but is an avid race walker and rides the bicycle. He has ridden numerous times in the Mayor’s Commuter Challenge, a fixture of Bike Month in Chicago, and was overall winner in 2002.
His hobby is running trains — not models, but the big ones, at museums in South Elgin and in Connecticut. Bob is married to elementary school teacher Jackie Bresse-Rodenkirk and lives in Glenview.
A motion to oust Pat Brady as State Republican Chairman never came to a vote at a meeting of the Illinois GOP Central Committee in Tinley Park. That left a lot of hardcore conservative Republicans angry.
As wet as it has been in the Chicago area, Lake County Emergency Management Coordinator Kent McKenzie said it has been drier than anticipated in Wisconsin, where both rivers originate.
The latest round of storms, and those of the past few weeks, are prompting flood warnings.
Schoolchildren throughout the Chicago area have until April 15 to get aboard for this year’s Metra Safety Poster contest.
One of the hassles of riding the bus is the dash to get to the corner, several blocks away, to catch it.
Bond is set at $300,000 for the 17-year-old Glenview teenager accused of stabbing another teen, and whom the defense accuses of stealing an iPhone belonging to a friend off the suspect.
A Glenview teen who tried to help a friend retrieve a stolen iPhone has been charged with attempted murder for stabbing the alleged thief.
A series of pedestrians and vehicles have been hit in recent weeks by Metra trains, more often than not with deadly consequences. The state investigator who is assigned to most such accidents says most are perfectly avoidable.
Despite efforts by the city to clear the homeless out of the Wilson Avenue underpass on Lake Shore Drive, a couple remain defiant. WBBM’s Bob Roberts spoke with them.
Sales are brisk as tonight’s 320-million dollar Powerball drawing nears. WBBM’s Bob Roberts spoke with dreamers in the Loop.
(CBS) — Several hundred people turned out for an evening rally and march Friday from Saint James Episcopal Cathedral, just off the Magnificent Mile, to Stroger Hospital. The protesters in the second annual “CrossWalk” attempted [...]
One man is hospitalized with a gunshot wound suffered in a late-afternoon confrontation on the South Side.
A drug-sniffing dog had a big day at O’Hare Airport Monday allowing Customs and Border Protection officers to intercept four shipments of opium in a matter of hours.
Romeoville Mayor John Noak wants to debate his opponent in the April 9 election, but his challenger, Super Bowl Bear Steve McMichael, is saying no.
The CTA’s management insists that its new “Ventra” fare system won’t cost riders anything extra. But even some of its board members sounded unconvinced despite approving it unanimously Wednesday at their monthly board meeting.
A $15,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the killer of a performance artist who was found stabbed to death in her Elgin townhouse March 2.
Eleven churches from the west side Austin neighborhood hope to curb violence in the community by reaching out one-on-one to teens.
The Metra board is being asked to approve $800,000 to draw up plans to replace the 95th Street/Chicago State University stop, and $560,000 to renovate the Racine Avenue station on the Electric District’s Blue Island branch.
Metra staff are getting unexpected pushback from some of the commuter rail agency’s board members over proposals to sell the naming rights to its stations and trains.
Immigration was on the minds of leaders from the Polish-American and Ukranian-American communities as they met with U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin on Chicago’s northwest side Saturday.
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!