Catherine Catalane is a part-time news anchor at Newsradio 780.
Catherine anchored news broadcasts for many years at WTOP Radio in Washington DC before returning to Chicago. Earlier in her career she was among the first women to host a talk show at Chicago’s WGN Radio.
She also anchored news programs at WMAQ Radio, KMOX in St. Louis, and KULF in Houston.
Catalane began her radio career at WTMJ in Milwaukee, where she was the airborne traffic reporter for morning and afternoon drive times. Catherine has a degree in Broadcast Communications from Marquette University.
She is married to Chris Bury. They have two sons, Jack and Charlie, and a Chocolate Labrador, “Mousse.”
You could have a chance to buy the items Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife Sandi illegally purchased with campaign contributions, but you’ll have to be patient.
The United States is combining forces with our neighbors to the north to keep the Great Lakes safe and pure.
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (CBS) — Job prospects are beginning to look more promising for the state’s military veterans. As WBBM Newsradio’s Catherine Catalane reports, for returning veterans in Illinois, the unemployment rate is better than other [...]
A couple from west suburban Naperville have been placed on supervision and fined $1,000 for hosting an after-prom party, in which they allowed alcoholic beverages to be consumed by students of Naperville North High School.
Chicago has one of the highest delinquent mortgage rates in the country, and a government-sponsored program is being held in Rosemont Monday for struggling homeowners.
The body of a woman was discovered Friday morning about a mile east of the Indiana Dunes State Park pavilion, Porter County (Ind.) Coroner Chuck Harris said.
Smile Kindle users. You can now check out electronic books from the Chicago Public Library.
A 25-year-old Gurnee man and three juveniles were arrested for a “car hopping” spree that allegedly ran through a half dozen area communities.
A judge has barred a suburban Chicago tax preparer convicted last year of falsifying tax returns from ever again filing anyone else’s federal returns.
An Illinois soldier who died in Afghanistan has been buried in his hometown of Antioch.
A Chicago company has expanded a recall to include an additional 580 pounds of beef patties because of possible E. coli contamination.
A Chicago food company has recalled more than 200 pounds of ground beef patties that may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!