Connor McKnight has been working at 670 The Score as an update anchor, reporter and host since September of 2009. Before working at the Score, Connor interned at Comcast SportsNet in Chicago, spent a season working in minor league baseball, taught a few months of Senior English and covered NCAA football.
When not in studio, Connor splits the summer covering the White Sox and Cubs. He spends most of the non-lockout hockey months covering the Blackhawks.
Beginning with the 2013 MLB season, Connor has worked as the host of Hit and Run, the Score’s venerable baseball show on Sunday mornings.
Connor was born in Evanston, lives in Lakeview and graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 2007.
Third baseman Brent Morel was among the latest roster cuts for the White Sox Tuesday. Morel saw regular at-bats toward the end of 2011 and at the start of 2012 but back issues forced him to miss 127 games last season.
It took a while but Robin Ventura named Chris Sale his opening day starter after an 11-5 win over the Athletics, Saturday.
John Danks doesn’t have the velocity he wants. He’s still not able to reach back and ask for the heat he’s used to. Worse, he’s not sure when his strength will return.
With just 18 days left in spring training, White Sox reliever Jesse Crain promises he’s close to returning to action.
Sale and his team had prepped what he wanted—what he though he was worth—and fought for it. What’s more, he went to his GM to clear the air.
Here’s your first glimpse at what the Jay Cutler/Brandon Marshall tandem will look like in Chicago.
Whether it was walking the leadoff man, allowing the Brewers to bat around in the first inning or hitting a pair of batters, it might be better to forget this one.
Cubs short stop Starlin Castro entered Monday’s game against the Brewers having reached base in each of the last 43-game he’d played. Making it 44 could have given the Cubs their first ninth-inning rally of the year.
Check out these photos from the Cubs opening
Cubs closer Carlos Marmol left Tuesday’s game in the seventh inning with a cramp in his pitching hand. He’ll undergo a precautionary MRI on the hand to make sure there’s no damage.
Chris Sale put plenty in the rearview mirror with his start against the Reds this afternoon. The White Sox may have lost 1-0, but Sale’s six innings of two-hit, six-strikeout ball is certainly a silver lining that outshines the final score.
After throwing five innings of no-hit ball and giving up just one walk Jake Peavy’s ERA dropped from 18.69 to a healthy 8.68. It’s a start.
People used to wonder where Soriano would hit in the lineup. Whether leadoff, clean-up or eight-spot Soriano has hit from nearly everywhere. This year, manager Dale Sveum has cleared up a lot of confusion.
Spring has not been kind to Chris Sale. Perhaps that’s not fair. Maybe the weather, workouts, meals, golf and time with his teammates have all been kind; but the starts have not.
Gavin Floyd has thrown with plenty on his shoulders before. Trade rumors — substantiated or no — don’t seem to alter the burden.
The Blackhawks are off the schneid. The four-game losing streak–longest of its kind in three years–is history.
By Connor McKnight- UNITED CENTER (CBS) We’ve hit the Christmas Break and it’s time to assess just where the Blackhawks are after 35 games. As for the team, with the 5-1 win over the Canadiens, [...]
Brent Seabrook was decked Sunday night. Rene Bourque’s hit wasn’t clean and the result wasn’t pretty. Luckily, it may not cost the Seabrook and the Blackhawks as much as was initially feared. “He seemed not [...]
Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Ray Emery helped the Blackhawks salvage a point Monday night.
During the Blackhawks 6-3 win over the Oilers Monday night, I found myself impressed by the play of Blackhawks defensemen. Whether Steve Montador was stepping up into the play and putting moves on display that [...]
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!