Born on the South Side of Chicago, Craig Miller is a graduate from St. Ambrose University in Davenport Iowa.
He received his bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, but always had a passion for sports. In the spring of 2009, Craig began interning and eventually was hired as a freelance producer for 670 The Score. Craig’s passion for the world of sports and the city of Chicago was quickly recognized and Craig was hired as a producer for The Mully and Hanley Show in 2011.
He has done extensive work for the station producing everything from the pre and post-game show for the White Sox, to producing The Les Grobstein Show. Craig’s most recent work includes his own boxing page on 670 The Score’s website where he brings you into the world of the fighters, their training camps, and exclusive interviews. Visit 670thescore.com/boxing and follow Craig on Twitter @craigmiller670 for all your boxing news.
Boxing will be held at US Cellular Field this August 16th
Bobby Hitz to offer “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” live via Ustream
Pay Per View on Saturday, June 8, at 7:30 PM
Jim Lampley is the lead announcer for HBO Championship Boxing. He joined me to preview the fight between Chad Dawson and Adonis Stevenson and the undercard fight between Yuriorkis Gamboa and Darley Perez. These fights can be seen this Saturday, June 8th on HBO Boxing After Dark.
Steve Kim is highly regarded as one of the best boxing writers in the country and is the lead columnist for maxboxing.com. Steve, along with his staff, spoke with the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, Richard Schaefer, to confirm the news that Floyd Mayweather will fight Canelo Alvarez September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Paulie Malignaggi is currently the WBA Welterweight Champion of the World. Paulie is fighting Adrien Broner June 22nd at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn. He is also a boxing analyst for Showtime and will be calling the fight between Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthysse. The fight is this Saturday in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and will be broadcasted live on Showtime.
Freddie Roach is a five time trainer of the year and the longtime trainer to boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao. He joined me to talk about Manny Pacquiao’s next fight against Brandon Rios, which will be held on November 24th in Macau China.
Stephen Espinoza, the Executive Vice President for Showtime Sports, joined me to talk about Mayweather vs. Guerrero. Listen to Stephen as he gives his assessment of the fight and explains how well it did on Pay-Per-View.
Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero is fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr. this Saturday, May 4th on Showtime Pay-Per-View. In the buildup to the fight Ruben Guerrero, Robert’s father, almost caused a riot yesterday at the Mayweather/Guerrero press conference when he called Floyd Mayweather a wife beater.
Al Bernstein is a Hall of Fame Boxing Broadcaster and is the lead analyst for Showtime Championship Boxing. He will be calling the fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Robert Guerrero this Saturday, May 4th on Showtime PPV. Listen to Al preview the Mayweather fight and hear him talk about his new book: “Al Bernstein: 30 Years, 30 Undeniable Truths About Boxing, Sports, and TV”
Ricky Hatton is the former WBA (Super), IBF, IBO and The Ring Light Welterweight Champion, and WBA Welterweight Champion of the World. He is now the promoter for Martin Murray, a British Professional boxer who will face Sergio Martinez this Saturday, April 27th, live on HBO.
Andre Ward is the WBA and The Ring Super Middleweight Champion of the World. He was recently stripped of his WBC Super Middleweight Title due to inactivity. He has not fought since his defeat over Chad Dawson in September of 2012. After the Dawson fight he had shoulder surgery and has not fought since.
Mike Joyce, the head trainer to Lamar Fenner, joined me to talk about Lamar’s fight against Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Tsarnaev was one of the Boston bombing suspect’s who was killed overnight.
WBA Welterweight Champion and Boxing analyst for Showtime Sports, Pauli Malignaggi, joined me to talk about his upcoming fight against Adrien Broner. The fight will take place June 22nd at the Barclays Center in New York.
Unofficial ringside judge for HBO Boxing, Harold Lederman joined me to preview this Saturday’s fight between Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux. The fight will be held at Radio City Music Hall in New York City and can be seen live on HBO.
Steve Kim, the lead analyst for maxboxing.com, joined me to preview the fight between Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux.
Bobby Hitz, the CEO of Hitz Boxing, joined Craig Miller to talk about his plan for Gov. Pat Quinn to replace Nancy Illg as the head of the Illinois Athletic Commission.
Dominic Pesoli, the CEO of 8 Count Productions, talks about the show he is putting on at the UIC Pavilion this Friday night.
Hall of Fame trainer and current trainer to Manny Pacquiao, Freddie Roach joined Craig Miller to talk about his fighter Ruslan Provodnikov, who will be fighting Timothy Bradley this Saturday, March 16 on HBO.
Bob Arum, the CEO for Top Rank Promotions, joined Craig Miller to talk about Timothy Bradley’s upcoming fight against Ruslan Provodnikov, which can be seen live on HBO this Saturday March 16.
On Saturday the 48-year old-Bernard Hopkins once again became the oldest fighter to ever hold a title, extending the record he set by beating Jean Pascal for the WBC light heavyweight title on May 21, 2011.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.376
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.696
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!