Dan Bernstein has been the co-host of “Boers and Bernstein” since 1999. He joined the station as a reporter/anchor in 1995.
Named “Best Sports Talker” by Chicago Magazine, he is the city’s only three-category winner of the Achievement in Radio Award (Best Reporter, Best Play-by-Play and Best Talk Show).
His play-by-play experience includes five years calling DePaul basketball, and both radio and TV work for the Arena Football League’s Chicago Rush. He has appeared as a guest on MSNBC, CNN and other national television networks.
Before joining WSCR, he broadcast games for minor-league affiliates of the Kansas City Royals and Chicago Cubs, as well as the Raleigh Bullfrogs of the Global Basketball Association and the Rockford Lightning of the Continental Basketball Association.
Bernstein interned in the news department at WBBM-TV in Chicago and in the sports department of WTVD-TV in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
He is a Deerfield native and an honors graduate of Duke University, where he did four years of play-by-play for basketball and football and anchored “Duke SportsCenter” on Cable 13 TV.
He lives on the northwest side of Chicago with his wife and two children, and is actively involved in fundraising for such charities as Children’s Oncology Services, The Michael Rolfe Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research, Blind Services Association and others.
Blackhawks President John McDonough understands the difference between history and trivia.
Chicagoans can be forgiven for assuming that their hard-ass NBA coach has burned out his connection to the team. It has happened before.
Mike Matheny is the ideal champion of a noble cause, and he has decided to take up the fight.
When you’re the only team negotiating with a player, that’s a good sign you should walk away from the table.
The numerous retrospective looks at Jordan’s impressive accomplishments should simply be proud opportunities for those who enjoyed his work so thoroughly.
It sounds simple enough: before you decide to whip up the next inspirational sports legend to sell to the world, check to see if he’s already spent time in jail.
Nobody wins if a rushed rehabilitation brings complications and unforeseen risks – not the franchise, not Rose, not even all-powerful Adidas and the glitzy commercial serial they are filming along the way.
Some of the Paterno Report findings are shocking, and may radically alter the way in which many have viewed the case, and the legacy of a legendary coach:
Somebody has to do something to make the coach understand that the goal of the regular season is not to pile up wear and tear on a team’s most important veteran players.
I’m not really sure what any of that was, but I damn well know I liked it.
A year removed from the experience, we tend to forget that consuming the Super Bowl can be a chore if not handled correctly.
This Blackhawks season is missing something.
Tom Ricketts met his wife in the Wrigley Field bleachers, or so goes the legend that was spun as he and his siblings purchased the Cubs in 2009.
The same people who were kicking themselves just hours ago and apologizing publicly to readers, viewers and listeners for being suckered by an impossible fairy tale have apparently failed to learn any substantive lesson from their embarrassment.
Here’s what I would be telling Trestman before he steps into the glare of the lights.
Coaches lie and coaches leave. They lie about leaving, leave while they’re lying, and fly off in pursuit of better, richer, more interesting jobs.
There’s fatigue, and then there’s whatever it is that’s past that, where it’s all just gray and endless, stretching out forever and meaning nothing.
By Dan Bernstein- CBSChicago.com Senior Columnist (CBS) Hey, folks. It’s me, Lance. How’s it going? First, I just want to say thanks for buying all of the yellow bracelets and all the products I’ve endorsed. [...]
It wasn’t much, but it could be enough to stir the last remnants of aging Ditkaphiles, so look out. Some still live among us, and still have the navy-blue sweater.
The Bears need general manager availability, with Phil Emery standing at the lectern to announce the future direction of the franchise, today. ASAP.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!