I am a sports anchor/reporter with a focus on the Bears, on at different times of the day, depending on assignment, from Tuesday through Saturday.
I have been at WBBM Newsradio 780, the flagship station of the Chicago Bears radio network, since September of 2004, having previously worked at WSCR 670 The Score.
Before coming to Chicago, I reported and anchored at radio stations in Buffalo, downstate New York and Scranton, Pennsylvania. I have radio very much in my blood, having majored in Broadcast Journalism at Syracuse University (Class of ’80).
Though I am California born, Chicago sports is very much in my blood too. While living in Barrington for several years during childhood, I developed a passion for sports, and a love for ALL of the Chicago teams (yes, both the Cubs and White Sox, and I get grief for that!).
Over my radio life, it’s been a privilege to cover a number of teams and individuals, including the White Sox championship season of 2005, the last Bulls championship (1997-98), several Super Bowls, and the Buffalo Bills teams that made it to four straight Super Bowls in the 90′s.
While in college, I had the chance to attend part of the Winter Olympics in Lake Placid (representing the Syracuse University station WAER) that included seeing first hand, and reporting on, the US/Soviet hockey game today known as the “Miracle on Ice”.
I am married with two wonderful boys who have yet to completely acquire my love for sports. Perhaps someday they will!
I enjoy softball and running. Attending games just as a fan, and not in a working capacity, is always a thrill.
A Chicago area bar and strip club owner man is facing federal tax charges, after he allegedly avoided taxes by hiding $12 million in cash from his strip clubs in a warehouse.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!