Dave’s not new to radio news! He started in 1967 at Adrian College. He was one of the first announcers at his college station.
From there he joined the staff of WABJ in Adrian, Michigan as the News/Farm Director and he’s been broadcasting news ever since.
Dave has not always been in radio; he did work as a TV-reporter for two sister stations in Buffalo, NY and Columbus, Ohio.
Most of his career he has been a morning anchor and a news director. In addition to stations Columbus and Buffalo, he’s also worked in Arizona, Missouri and Chicago, including 10 years for ABC-Satellite Music Network.
He and Marcia have been married since 1969. They have three grown children and five grand children. They both love church and vacations (especially cruises). To contact Dave, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A total of $500,000 in federal grant money will allow a program to combat human trafficking to continue in Cook County.
An alleged plot to bomb a downtown Chicago bar apparently has been foiled, and a young man has been arrested, in a FBI undercover operation.
A Winnetka village trustee was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after she was pulled over for a traffic stop in Skokie early this past Thursday morning.
Glenview police have completed a two-month investigation into the June 15 drowning death of a 4-year-old boy in a park district pool.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has announced Chicago is building more than 30 miles of new bicycle lanes this year.
As if their life were not difficult enough, the Stapleton family of Aurora came home to find their house looted – allegedly by people they thought were their friends.
Wedding expos are a huge industry as couples try to make for the perfect day to remember for a lifetime, but in Naperville next month, an expo specially geared toward marriages that don’t work out is coming.
Des Plaines Mayor Marty Moylan has a suggestion for the next Olympics in 2014 –have Hart, Schaffner & Marx make those uniforms at its Des Plaines factory.
Falling property values mean falling tax revenues in Chicago.
A woman charged with animal cruelty and neglect goes on trial in Markham Monday.
A woman is going to spend four years in prison for embezzling her employer in Algonquin.
A West Side man has been charged after he allegedly hijacked a sports-utility vehicle at gun-point on his way to prom with his girlfriend.
Narcisco Gatica gunned down Francisco Valencia, 21, and injured Valencia’s friend after he and others were asked to leave a Halloween party two years ago.
Some trees have stayed green longer than usual this year because of the warm weather we have had, but that will change soon.
Illinois is apparently due million of dollars from some of the State’s 24-hundred gas station operators.
Tough cemetery regulations imposed last year after the Burr Oak scandal have proved burdensome for many Illinois cemeteries, leading lawmakers to consider rolling them back.
Illegal immigrants in Illinois could face deportation and heightened police scrutiny in the fashion of the notorious Arizona immigration law if a northwest suburban lawmaker has his way.
A Tinley Park woman has been charged with multiple counts of animal neglect and cruelty after police rescued dozens of animals from the animal sanctuary she runs.
Chicago Police attempting to identify an unresponsive cab passenger found apparent methamphetamine ingredients inside his bag — prompting a hazardous materials response Saturday afternoon at a North Side police station.
State officials in Illinois say they’re seeing increasing reports of infection and injury at spas–and “med spas”–because of untrained and unsupervised attendants.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 4 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 4 hours ago