Prior to joining WBBM, David was a news anchor in Denver. Early in his career, he spent some time spinning records.
He lives in the Western Suburbs and has two teenage children.
His enthusiasms include motorcycling (short and long distances) and playing the piano, on which he still takes lessons.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is apparently considering targeted tax and fee increases and cost cutting to close a $115 million deficit in next year’s county budget.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy’s plan to cut gang violence and homicides could cost the city up to $14 million in overtime this summer.
Despite growing financial problems, the University of Illinois is giving raises to faculty members.
Wal-Mart is making another foray into Chicago’s South Side – this time in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
Members of the Illinois General Assembly trying to make a deal with Gov. Pat Quinn over the latest gambling expansion bill have promised him they will pass an ethics ordinance this fall if he will just sign the bill.
The Illinois Commerce Commission has approved a $2.3 million refund for Peoples Gas customers.
The free ride on mass transit in Illinois may soon be over for everyone.
The Chicago Public School System has not yet released its budget for the coming school year, but property taxpayers are already going to pay more.
Cook County prosecutors say nobody cared about a baby who was left home alone and accidentally died of suffocation.
McDonough Associates Inc., an engineering firm that was banned from accepting any state contracts after it was accused of overcharges that cost taxpayers millions, has struck back.
A Southern Illinois museum that honors the late Illinois U.S. Senator Paul Simon is closing at the end of the month.
A suspect suddenly backed out of a plea deal Wednesday for attacking a cab driver who later died in Zion, claiming his religious beliefs exempt him from the law.
A new cell phone theft scam is afoot around Chicago.
More than 200,000 unemployed workers in Illinois and seven other states are losing their unemployment compensation checks this week.
A driver from south suburban Lynwood ended up getting himself arrested by calling Illinois State Police and telling them he was drunk, lost and out of gasoline.
Chicago Police are using video that has just recently surfaced on the Internet to try to solve an assault at a near north side CTA station.
The City of Chicago says construction will begin Monday on two Lake Shore Drive projects that will help avoid a repeat of what happened during last February’s blizzard.
You can have the chance to buy some unusual plants very cheaply, and at the same time, help the Chicago Park District recover from the hail damage at the Garfield Park Conservatory this past summer.
In a letter to Metra riders, the agency’s CEO on Friday called proposed fare increases “jolting” but necessary due to rising costs, lower income and inaction by the previous Metra administration.
A 12-year-old girl was shot last evening while in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!