I have been covering the local sports scene for the last 30 years and in that time have seen more games and events then anybody. I’ve been privileged to have covered 9 local championships (6 by the Bulls, and one each by the Bears, White Sox & Blackhawks). I have also covered 3 no hitters and one perfect game and had the honor of covering the best basketball player ever on a daily basis. Not only do I love reporting on sports but I equally enjoy participating (Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Tennis…etc.) You name it and I love it. I’m a huge movie goer who also likes to travel and I own a piece of a local minor league baseball team as well as a piece of a local restaurant.
It’s not an elimination game Wednesday night, but it’s still do or die for the Blackhawks.
Talk about bad timing for the Blackhawks to have their first three-game losing streak all season.
Following a near-perfect regular season and a first round playoff win over Minnesota, the Blackhawks for the first time are facing adversity.
If I had a nickel for every time we have asked Tom Thibodeau when Derrick Rose is coming back, I would have a whole lot of nickels (which still doesn’t amount to much).
A few days ago the veteran left-hander experienced a twinge of discomfort in his throwing elbow during a bullpen session and immediately was checked out by medical personnel.
As a free agent, Scott Hairston had options, but there was no question in his mind that he wanted to play for the Cubs.
Talk about a swing man on your pitching staff. That’s exactly the role that Hector Santiago will fill on this year’s White Sox team.
The Cubs left-fielder had medical reasons for turning down a trade to San Francisco last year.
ubs owner Tom Ricketts would make an excellent politician because he can talk a long time without saying much. That was the case Sunday when Ricketts met the media and pretty much brushed away all questions regarding a deal with both the city and the neighborhood involving Wrigley Field.
Paul Konerko is the last of the Mohicans, meaning he’s the final member of the 2005 World Series championship team that is still playing for the White Sox.
Brent Lillibridge only signed a minor league deal with the Cubs, but he has a very good chance of making the Major League roster.
The news that Robin Ventura had turned down a one-year contract extension really didn’t surprise insiders.
Say what you want about Tuesday’s story about Derrick Rose potentially not playing this season (and I don’t believe that for a moment) but the part that upset me is that Rose granted an interview to a reporter from the national media.
There’s an adage in baseball that you’re only as good as your bullpen. If that’s the case, then the White Sox have a chance to prove a lot of the so called experts wrong.
Since its inception, the publication Baseball Prospectus seems to pick the White Sox to finish at the bottom of the standings each season.
Carlos Marmol says he’s completely innocent of the accusations that have been levied against him.
There was an influx of both Chicago teams needing third basemen, and players available coming into Baseball’s Winter Meetings, and on Wednesday the logjam opened up.
“He got the bird but he also got me. It happens more often then you think”, said Sveum.
WSCR’s David Schuster checks in from the Winter Meetings.
If you didn’t know any better, you would have thought you were at Rudy Jaramillo’s press conference to announce a contract extension instead of his firing. The way Cubs president Theo Epstein was gushing about Jaramillo, you had to remind yourself what was really going on.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!