Dean was born in Lancaster, PA on June 13, 1966, and grew up in Millersville, a small town near Lancaster.
His interest in weather began at a young age mostly because he loved snowstorms and thunderstorms. He started giving weather forecasts to his fourth grade class, making weather maps and symbols while using a marker to draw fronts. While growing up, Dean loved to watch the local weather information on the Lancaster and Philabelphia news. His favorite weatherman was Jim O’Brien on WPVI channel 6, an AccuWeather Client.
Dean graduated from Penn Manor high school in 1984 where he was a member of the National Honor Society. Upon graduating from high school, Dean attended Penn State University from 1984-1987. He would return to Penn State in 1996 and graduate with a B.A. in General Arts and Sciences. Dean has since earned a certificate Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
Dean started in radio at WMAJ in 1988 where he worked his way to Sports Director. In 1992 he joined WRSC where he worked until 1994, also making his way to Sports Director. While at WMAJ and WRSC Dean did the play-by for Penn State Women’s Basketball and Wrestling and hosted pre andpost- game football programs.
Dean joined the AccuWeather family in 1998 as a Broadcaster, and that same year he became the Department Manager for Broadcasting and Information services. In 2001 he added the position of Product Manager for Radio Broadcasting to his list of duties and he has recently become an active member of the Forecasting Department as a Broadcast Meteorologist.
Dean is currently a member of the Grace Lutheran Church in State College, PA where he serves on the Church Council as Vice-President, and chairman of the Personnel Committee.
Dean enjoys playing golf, tennis and volleyball, and traveling to his favorite places, Las Vegas, New Orleans and Glacier National Park. You can also hear Dean’s voice as the Public Address Announcer for numerous Penn State sports including football, men’s basketball, women’s volleyball and men’s soccer. In 2001 he served as the PA announcer during the NCAA Women’s Volleyball “Final Four. “
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!