Dorothy Tucker has served as a reporter for CBS 2 Chicago since 1984. Currently she reports for the station’s 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM weekday newscasts. Tucker also serves as the station’s consumer reporter, covering issues and trends to help viewers save money and avoid scams.
She joined CBS 2 Chicago from KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, Pa., where she worked as a general assignment reporter and talk show host. Prior to that, Tucker worked at KWGN-TV in Denver, Colo. as a general assignment reporter. Previously, she was a reporter and weekend anchor at WREG-TV in Memphis, Tenn. (1979-80). Tucker began her broadcasting career in Peoria, Ill. at WMBD-TV, after serving as an intern at CBS 2 Chicago in 1977.
Tucker has been honored numerous times throughout her career. Her many awards include nine local Emmys, including one for her breaking news reports during the 2008 NIU shootings and two for her work on CBS 2 Chicago′s 2003 and 2004 broadcasts of the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. She was honored by the Chicago Association of Black Journalists with their annual award for Outstanding Television Reporting (1994 and 87) and received a national UPI Spot News Award.
She is on the board of NABJ-Chicago (National Association of Black Journalists) and was co-chairman of their Katrina fundraiser which raised money for hurricane survivors who are making Chicago their new home.
She graduated, with honors, from Northwestern University with a B.S. in Communications. Tucker is currently a member of Northwestern University’s Council of One Hundred.
Tucker, a native Chicagoan, lives in Hyde Park and is the mother of three.
Money Network, one of the company’s behind the new Ventra transit and debit card, currently has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker shows you 10 local jobs for which the demand to fill is greater than the supply of applicants. She’ll tell you what you need to get hired.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reviews the specially conducted research.
Responses were mostly positive here in Chicago, CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports.
For Bridget Farragher, her back yard has been off-limits to her kids for nearly three months, after Comcast stuck a long black cable sitting across her yard and patio, then refused to move or bury it.
How painful will filling up at the pump be this year? On Monday, experts were giving their first look at what’s ahead for gas prices.
The death of a mother of two caused by a man who got high by inhaling computer dust cleaner before driving prompted major changes in how police in one local community handle suspected “dusting” cases.
CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker went out Monday to talk to gun owners about the aftermath of Newtown, Conn.
It’s the latest trouble surrounding the state lawmaker as he campaigns for the 2nd Congressional District. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
A high school senior who lives in one of Chicago’s poorest and most violent neighborhoods has received a full scholarship to one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
In just a few seconds, a small cooking fire can erupt into a raging inferno. Unfortunately, many people are clueless when it comes to how to extinguish the fire. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr’s wife, Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), was in Washington, D.C., when her husband’s letter of resignation was delivered this afternoon. As CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, according to multiple sources, there’s a good possibility Ald. Jackson might not have known her husband was submitting his resignation today.
With shopping holidays like Black Friday, Super Saturday, and Cyber Monday, the deals during the Christmas season are difficult to pass up.
Women make up more than half of the workforce, but their average weekly earnings are $300 less than men in the same jobs. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
It’s hard to believe, but it was one year ago this week when CBS 2 introduced you to the Wright family, a suburban couple with four kids, trying to “Survive This Economy” by saving some serious money.
Those canned-air dusters that clean computers are being used for a dangerous purpose, CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Parents looking for the best deals on toys for their kids’ Christmas gifts can sleep in the day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker takes a look at what made a man who survived Saigon so emotional.
CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker was there Thursday when African-American firefighter applicants took the next step to their new careers.
A program designed to ensure gang-bangers have no place to hide, reached a milestone on Monday.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!