Ed Curran serves as a meteorologist for CBS 2 Chicago’s Morning News.
Curran, a Chicago native, originally joined CBS 2 Chicago from WMAQ-TV, where he had served as a weather anchor for the station’s morning news since October 2000. Before that, Curran was the weather anchor for the station’s weekend morning newscasts, as well as the fill-in weather anchor during the week.
Curran has worked for more than 25 years in television and radio. His reports have ranged from breaking news stories to doing aerobatics on the wing of a biplane. Before joining WMAQ-TV, Curran worked at WGN-TV (1996-2000). He joined the station as a consumer and technology reporter and in 1997 he added weather duties to his responsibilities. Curran also served as a technology correspondent for CNN (2000-01).
Prior to his work in television, Curran had a career in Chicago radio. He hosted his own show on WGN Radio (1986-94) and also worked for WLS-AM, WIND and WGCI-FM.
Curran has been honored for excellence in broadcasting throughout this career. He won two local Emmy Awards for his work on CBS 2 Chicago’s 2003 and 2004 broadcasts of the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon and an Emmy for “Every Mile Has a Story,” a series of special features that aired leading up to the event (2003). Before that, he received two Emmy Awards in recognition for his work on The Auto Show (2002, 2001).
Curran received his degree from Columbia College. He also completed Mississippi State University’s Broadcast Meteorology program and has earned the American Meteorological Society’s Seal of Approval.
Ed lives in the northwest suburbs with his wife Monica, daughter Jessica, son Jeff and their dogs, Ricky and Shelby.
(CBS) — As the ground heats up, so does business at garden centers. And let’s face it, nothing says Mother’s Day like flowers and plants. CBS 2’s Ed Curran did some shopping to see if [...]
If you’ve felt your allergies kicking in, well, it’s that time of year. The latest readings show elevated amounts of grass and weed pollen, and mold.
It’s time for another Saturday morning test drive. If you’re looking for a compact luxury sport sedan, the Cadillac ATS is a standout.
This week we test drive a car most of us would love to have, if we didn’t have to get a second mortgage to afford it. You’ll find beauty, luxury and power in the BMW 650i.
Chicago filled 350,000 potholes last year and this year could be a bumper crop, or bumpy crop, created by cold freezing nights and mild melting days.
Did you know Chicago hosts the nation’s largest and longest running auto show?
hen it comes to mid-sized sedans, the Ford Taurus has been a well-known name for years and it’s a car built in Chicago!
CBS 2’s Ed Curran looked into what it would take to get to New Orleans this weekend at the last minute.
Every Saturday morning we look at cars, kick some tires, take a test drive. This week, I drove out to the Detroit Auto Show.
On Saturday morning we always kick some tires, whether you are looking for, or dreaming about, a new car.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5015
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!