Jackie came to WBBM after years spent covering local TV and radio news in Northwest Indiana and the south suburbs, where she developed an interest in covering politics. Jackie is honing those skills as a participant in The Richard G. Lugar Excellence in Public Service Series. Jackie is among 20 women from Indiana selected for the national leadership program which trains women to serve in government and political positions.
Jackie works the night/weekend shift at NewsRadio 780 when there’s always something happening. Jackie was on-air as the last Presidential race was being decided, when the tsunami struck, when Hurricane Katrina reached landfall, and when a jet veered off the runway at Midway Airport in a blizzard, killing a young boy. Jackie won an award for team coverage of the LaSalle Bank fire.
Jackie’s favorite interview was with Bob Newhart at the dedication of his sculpture downtown. When Jackie asked for his best TV advice, he said to “get a second opinion.”
When not on-air, Jackie makes corporate videos, and is helping her dad finish a book on Lee Harvey Oswald. Check it out at TheMissingChapter.com.
Some big names in Hollywood have teamed up to make a documentary about the life of Pulitzer-prize winning film critic Roger Ebert.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Police are warning South Side residents about a gunman who has been going around in a mask inspired by the movie “Scream.” As WBBM Newsradio’s Jackie Swike reports, police say a young [...]
An Adler Planetarium astronomer who said he’d go to Mars “in a heartbeat,” said he’s thrilled by what the rover Curiosity might find on the red planet.
A 6-year-old girl was struck by a police squad car that was responding to a shooting Saturday evening in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!