I’m a native of the South Side of Chicago, so it was an absolute thrill when the White Sox won the 2005 World Series. (I’m still smiling).
A graduate of the School of Communications at Southern Illinois University, I have a double major, Journalism and Broadcasting.
I’ve worked at several stations in Chicago. Early on, I wanted to make a living as a singer/songwriter but I could not compete with Joni Mitchell. I still sing and write on the side as a hobby.
I’ve won several reporting awards including one from the Associated Press on “Gangs in the Suburbs” and a Peter Lisagor for feature reporting on the gambling boat experience.
Two former Chicago Police candidates have filed separate lawsuits against the department for alleged discrimination and unfair dismissal of their applications.
The online auction of items from homes that once belonged to former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell generated $7.4 million.
A 28-year-old South Side man will spend the next 20 years behind bars – for shooting an 18-month old girl.
Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.
Chicago Police are going after drug gangs, in an effort to cut the level of gun violence in the city.
A Chicago man will stand trial in Denver on charges he behaved badly on an aircraft.
A busy and fun weekend for Chicago with, it would seem, something for everyone. It would seem there is something for everyone.
Police officers got a surprise when the person they found holding a gun during a recent stop on the West Side was a 3-year-old girl.
Chicago just got a little smaller, now that a Cook County judge ruled in favor of a waste disposal company that’s taking 86 acres on the Southeast side to expand its landfill operation.
If you have a pug, a U. of I. researcher would like to give him or her a free eye test.
The Illinois Department of Insurance issued a warning about a health insurance company. Now, the company is trying to resolve the matter.
A former custodian at a southwest suburban high school was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison for possession and transporting child porn.
Organizers of an anti-Wall Street protest in Chicago are gathering signatures on petitions they will send to Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
Bail has been set at $7 million for a Steger man who wanted his daughter dead.
A 22-year-old Waukegan man has been charged in connection with the hit-and-run death of an elderly woman Thursday night.
From now on, Illinois governors face new limits on how long people can run state agencies without legislative approval.
Police are warning Southwest Side residents of the attempted sexual exploitation of child that happened this month near a Clearing neighborhood park.
On Friday, regulators shut down a bank in Illinois and one in Washington-state, bringing the number closed this year to 63.
A West Suburban father and daughter are charged with growing pot in their home.
A group of black ministers is demanding Mayor Richard M. Daley and Police Superintendent Jody Weis keep their promise to put more cops in high crime areas.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!