Jay Zawaski is the Executive Producer of the McNeil and Spiegel Show. He’s been at 670 the Score since 2001 and has produced shows for Mike North, Mike Murphy, Doug Buffone and many others. He is the host of Bud Light Hockey Night in Chicago and is author of the Red Light District hockey blog on ChicagoNow.com. Follow Jay on Twitter at @JayZawaski670.
Back in the early 2000s, my wife Hope and I had just met.
Last night, the Blackhawks tied the NHL record for consecutive games without a regulation loss after beating the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 in the shootout.
Now that the ugliness of the lockout is behind us, I’ve been spending most of my day (and NHL 13 video game season) contemplating how the 2013-13 (heh) Blackhawks will look and what we can expect from the season.
Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes can see that the Blackhawks have one of the finest uniforms in all of professional sports. It can not be disputed.
Once again, Patrick Kane’s public drunkenness has brought embarrassment to his team, his family, his organization, and to the fans of the Chicago Blackhawks.
Saturday night’s Blackhawk win was as exciting and memorable as any in recent memory.
While Toews obviously makes the team better, risking re-injury is not worth what could amount to a meaningless win or two.
How insane has the Blackhawks’ goalie situation been this season?
When Carcillo was in the lineup, he was very effective. He spent much of his time on the top line with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane or Marian Hossa.
As the hours, then the minutes before the NHL Trade Deadline ticked away, Hawks fans everywhere were getting more and more uneasy. “Would General Manager Stan Bowman make a move?” “The Hawks have so many holes…they need at least a defenseman and a center.”
The severity of the concussion is not known, but it is believed Toews suffered the injury early in the Blackhawks’ recent road trip.
Tonight, when the Blackhawks face off against the Detroit Red Wings, they’ll have to do so without their captain Jonathan Toews, who will miss at least this game with an upper body injury.
After a very solid road game in Nashville, the Blackhawks still came up short, extending their losing streak to nine games.
By Jay Zawaski- A few years ago, I wrote about a really ignorant and off base blog. Imagine that, right. I was younger, dumber, and more ignorant-er back then. I’ve been looking forward to taking [...]
Wednesday night, when the Blackhawks face off against the Buffalo Sabres, Hawk fans may get a glimpse of a couple of guys that could be on Stan Bowman’s trade radar.
Jonathan Toews, Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane have been named to the NHL’s All Star team. This year’s All Star Game will take place in Ottawa on Jan. 29th.
When Jared Boll left his feet to deliver a check on Andrew Brunette last night, Montador answered what was a borderline illegal hit as almost any NHL teammate worth his salt would have — he dropped the gloves.
Last night, Patrick Sharp gave the Blackhawks an early 2-0 lead over the Red Wings with a slap shot from the slot. Unfortunately, it looks like that’s the last time he’ll light the lamp for the Hawks for quite a while.
Wednesday night, NHL Senior VP of Hockey Operations and Player Safety Brendan Shanahan announced that Blackhawks’ forward Daniel Carcillo will be suspended for seven games for his hit on Edmonton defenseman Tom Gilbert.
With Daniel Carcillo’s future up in the air with his injury and impending suspension, and now Steve Montador and Marcus Kruger being placed on IR, the Blackhawks have recalled defenseman Dylan Olsen and forward Andrew Shaw.
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.125
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!