Jay Zawaski is the Executive Producer of the McNeil and Spiegel Show. He’s been at 670 the Score since 2001 and has produced shows for Mike North, Mike Murphy, Doug Buffone and many others. He is the host of Bud Light Hockey Night in Chicago and is author of the Red Light District hockey blog on ChicagoNow.com. Follow Jay on Twitter at @JayZawaski670.
I’ve been meaning to write this blog for a couple of years now, and I’ve never done it. Maybe it’s because I participated, in earnest, so many times. Maybe it’s because when I see the Winged Wheel on the Detroit sweaters, I just want to blurt it out. Well, not anymore.
Last night, Ray Emery made his third consecutive start for the Blackhawks. He won…again. So now, for the 4th straight season, it appears the Hawks have a goalie controversy.
Perhaps the best news is the fact that every team will play every other team twice a season…once at home, once on the road. That means, every year, every Original Six team will be in the United Center.
Stan Bowman isn’t the kind of GM that panics.
The last two weeks in the history of the Chicago Blackhawks have been a roller coaster ride. A big win in Vancouver was immediately forgotten after two embarrassing, blowout losses in Calgary (a 5-2 loss) and Edmonton (a 9-2 loss).
The Canucks took it to the Blackhawks from the puck drop to the final horn. When the smoke cleared, Vancouver won 6-2, and maybe it wasn’t even that close.
I’ve seen overreactions in my life, but nothing compares to what I’ve seen since the Blackhawks dropped a regular season, Sunday night game in November to the Vancouver Canucks.
By Jay Zawaski Executive Producer of The McNeil and Spiegel Show Authors The Red Light District on ChicagoNow Sooo…last night, the Blackhawks destroyed the Phoenix Coyotes. I mean…just destroyed them. It wasn’t close on the [...]
By Jay Zawaski Executive Producer of The McNeil and Spiegel Show From ChicagoNow – The Red Light District This offseason, Blackhawks’ GM Stan Bowman felt it necessary to address several needs via free agency. In [...]
Hockey season is here…or it’s about to be here…but it’s been here…sort of…but…it’s coming for real soon.
One of the most exciting days in the NHL year is coming Friday. The beginning of free agency in hockey can only be described as a frenzy.
Many Chicago Blackhawks fans have spent much of late last night and early this morning looking for someone to blame for last night’s loss to the Vancouver Canucks.
Trying to keep up with the NHL Western Conference playoff race is a pain. After a few hours (my brain doesn’t work mathematically) I finally solved it. Here’s what has to happen for the Blackhawks to get in the playoffs.
Yes, it’s modest, but the ‘Hawks will take any winning streak they can get.
Friday night, the Blackhawks will honor former Hawk captain, All-Star, and Norris Trophy winner Chris Chelios. It’s a no brainer, right?
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!