After 30 years “on-the-air” at Newsradio 780, John Hultman is back, filling in as anchor in Morning Drive and Midday.
John, who was born in Chicago, attended New Trier High School and Purdue University. He worked on television in Fort Wayne, Indiana and Detroit, Michigan, before returning to his hometown on WBBM-AM in 1968.
As Senior Correspondent at WBBM, he covered many big stories, including Pope John Paul’s visit to Chicago, the tragic crash of Flight 191 near O’Hare in 1979, and joined former Governor Jim Thompson on trade missions to Budapest, Warsaw and Moscow.
John is a member of the Society of Professional Journalists and the Chicago Headline Club. He is a past president of the IllinoisNews Broadcasters Association and was named Illinois Journalist of the Year in 1994 by the Northern Illinois University Department of Journalism. He retired as a major in the United States Army Reserve.
John has performed on stage at Orchestra Hall as a narrator with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Chorus and at Pick-Staiger Hall at Northwestern University with the North Shore Concert Band.
He and his wife of almost 50 years, Wilma, live in Northbrook. They have three children and six grandchildren. John enjoys sailing, singing in the church choir, and baking hundreds of loaves of bread each year, most of which he gives away!
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!