Skokie native Josh Liss has been the sports director and morning sports anchor at WBBM since August of 1998. He studied broadcast journalism at Columbia College in Chicago, earning his degree in 1995.
While in college, Josh began his career producing and reporting for Sports Radio Nightly, an all-night sports network that aired on WVVX 103.1FM. In 1994 Josh began an internship at WMAQ 670-AM and worked his way up to full time afternoon drive sports anchor in 1995.
“I was an intern, a part-timer, then a full-timer working my way up with odd hours and miscellaneous assignments,” Josh said of his prior work at WMAQ. “I was fortunate to work with a marvelous cast of talent at ‘Q’; Lou Canellis, Jeff Joniak, Red Motlow, Steve Olken, Tom Greene, Brian Davis, Peggy Kusinski, Dave Pasch, Andrew Siciliano and others.”
Josh has won numerous awards during his career, including Associated Press, Illinois Broadcasters Association and Peter Lisagor honors for sports anchoring and reporting.
Josh resides in Evanston with his wife and two sons.
Time is valuable when hiring a new head coach, but don’t expect the Bears to make any hasty decisions when searching for Lovie Smith’s replacement.
Life can be difficult for a rookie quarterback on the road, and that’s exactly how life has been for Seahawks rookie signal caller Russell Wilson.
As the Bears travel to San Francisco in a key NFC matchup on Monday night, analyst Tom Thayer has a message about the 6-2-1 49ers.
Bears fans have been flocking to road games all season, but head coach Lovie Smith said the fan support during Sunday’s 51-20 road win in Nashville was especially noticeable.
The 3-5 Titans might be 3-point underdogs when they host the Bears on Sunday, but WBBM Bears Radio analyst Tom Thayer says they’re still a dangerous team.
The Bears’ loss to the Packers on Thursday not only cost them the momentum they had created with their season opening win over the Colts, it might have cost them the services of running back Matt Forte for a bit.
Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith said linebacker Brian Urlacher was returning to practice on Monday, and has “made a lot of progress” in his recovery from arthroscopic surgery on his injured knee.
Daytona 500 champion Matt Kenseth is in town Thursday meeting fans and talking to reporters, and he’s looking forward to attending a Bears-Packers football game next season.
Bears coach Lovie Smith said Devin Hester was “sore” after suffering a chest injury following a stellar performance from his electrifying return man and wide receiver.
After picking up the pieces from the Bears’ 30-13 loss in New Orleans Sunday, Lovie Smith joined WBBM-AM’s Josh Liss Monday to discuss the game.
There has been concern over the field at TCF Bank Stadium being safe enough to play and it has been said a few times that it will be. However, some of the Vikings’ players have expressed concern, even describing the field as being as hard as concrete. LISTEN: LOVIE SMITH INTERVIEW
Continuos snow, high winds, and frigid temperatures were not enough to stop Tom Brady and the New England offense from blowing out the Chicago Bears. LISTEN: GAME HIGHLIGHTS – LOVIE SMITH
Jay Cutler threw a go-ahead touchdown pass to Brandon Manumaleuna one play after a questionable call midway through the fourth quarter, lifting the Chicago Bears to a 24-20 victory over the Detroit Lions on Sunday. LISTEN: GAME HIGHLIGHTS, LOVIE SMITH
Bears take down the Philadelphia Eagles thanks to a swarming defense and an explosive offense. LISTEN: HIGHLIGHTS – LOVIE SMITH
Up next for the Bears this season is Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles. While Vick has been one of the most electrifying players in the NFL this season, the Bears are a team that not many expected to be 7-3. LOVIE SMITH INTERVIEW
Chicago Bears battled back and forth with the Minnesota Vikings but were able to close them out for the win. LISTEN: GAME HIGHLIGHTS, LOVIE SMITH
It all ends Saturday night…not just a disappointing Fire season, but maybe C.J. Brown’s soccer career. Josh Liss spoke with Brown, the last player left from the Fire’s debut team in 1998, ahead of this weekend’s finale against Chivas USA in Los Angeles…
Seattle harasses the Bears on their turf. Banging away at Jay Cutler and the home team on the way to a 23-20 Seahawks win. MONDAYS WITH LOVIE – AUDIO HIGHLIGHTS – PHOTOS
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4789
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!