Kate Sullivan is co-anchor of CBS 2 Chicago News at 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. with Rob Johnson. Kate, who has won several awards – including an Emmy Award and the Associated Press First Place Award for Breaking News – joined CBS 2 Chicago in September 2010 after anchoring at WCBS-TV in New York [2006-10].
Kate began her journalism career in the Midwest at the CBS affiliate WSBT-TV in South Bend, Indiana, where she started as an intern and was promoted to a general assignment reporter. In 2000, she joined KATV in Little Rock, Ark., as a general assignment reporter.
In 2002, Kate was promoted to anchor Live at Five at KATV and, in 2003, she also added Channel 7 News at 6 p.m. and Channel 7 News nightside to her anchoring duties. While at KATV, Kate reported on 9/11 from Ground Zero in New York and presented stories about Arkansans who had lost loved ones during the tragedy.
She covered the presidential run of Gen. Wesley Clark and the opening of the Clinton Presidential Library which won the station a regional Emmy award. She also reported a series of stories from Honduras on the charitable work of the Arkansas based non-profit Heifer International.
Kate joined the CBS team in 2006 and anchored CBS 2 News This Morning at WCBS-TV in New York. In addition to anchoring CBS 2 News This Morning with Maurice DuBois and CBS 2 News at Noon, she co-hosted and filled in as the newsreader at CBS’ The Saturday Early Show with Chris Wragge, Lonnie Quinn, and Erica Hill.
Kate has been named one of the Top 30 Irish Americans in Media by IrishCentral.com and has served as media spokesperson for the American Heart Association. She is originally from Lakeville, Mass., and graduated cum laude from the University Of Notre Dame.
The Local Option is a local watering hole in Lincoln Park, a place where women are meeting and drinking with a decidedly serious agenda: to talk about beer, really good beer. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Stephanie Izard has become a restaurant superstar. Now, she has struck again. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces
Buddy Guy is part musician, part showman. He’s been performing for nearly 50 years, and you can still catch him at his South Loop nightclub. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Students at the Kenwood high school are taught traditional subjects through the lens of art. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
The South Side neighborhood has seen some changes — some good, some bad. But those that live there now are proud of where they call home, CBS 2’s Kate Sullivan reports.
Just south of McCormick Place is a district where African Americans flourished after the Civil War. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan looks at one of Chicago’s trendiest, hippest neighborhoods.
From authentic taquerias like Nuevo Leon to the vivid and expressive murals that line the streets, the people of Pilsen proudly show you who they are.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to Andersonville, a unique neighborhood on Chicago’s North Side that retains its Swedish heritage.
This 1890s-era gift from Japan is tucked away behind the Museum of Science and Industry. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan pays a visit.
People can learn an amazing skill and feel their stress and tensions fade away, not far from the hustle and bustle of Lake Shore Drive. CBS 2’s Kate Sullivan reports.
Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies is a dying breed: a place packed with the kind of toys and trains from a bygone era — and people trying carefully to recreate it. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
It is a difficult diagnosis for anyone to hear, but when a child is diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, it is truly life-altering for the whole family.
CBS 2’s Kate Sullivan reports on the craze for the protein-rich variety of yogurt.
Belly dancing is not only a form of expression; it has also become a hot fitness trend. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Nearly four decades ago, Sara McIntosh needed a new pair of shoes, so she thought she’d try to make her own pair. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to the longtime cobbler.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to a woman who opened a boutique for cancer survivors, in the latest installment of “Your Chicago.”
Next time you are looking for something to do on a Saturday night, how about independent theater? CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to members of The Factory Theater.
Since the start of the recession, many of us have become avid sale shoppers and coupon clippers, but is all this bargain hunting really saving us money? Or is it just giving us a false sense of frugality?
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!