Kate Sullivan is co-anchor of CBS 2 Chicago News at 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. with Rob Johnson. Kate, who has won several awards – including an Emmy Award and the Associated Press First Place Award for Breaking News – joined CBS 2 Chicago in September 2010 after anchoring at WCBS-TV in New York [2006-10].
Kate began her journalism career in the Midwest at the CBS affiliate WSBT-TV in South Bend, Indiana, where she started as an intern and was promoted to a general assignment reporter. In 2000, she joined KATV in Little Rock, Ark., as a general assignment reporter.
In 2002, Kate was promoted to anchor Live at Five at KATV and, in 2003, she also added Channel 7 News at 6 p.m. and Channel 7 News nightside to her anchoring duties. While at KATV, Kate reported on 9/11 from Ground Zero in New York and presented stories about Arkansans who had lost loved ones during the tragedy.
She covered the presidential run of Gen. Wesley Clark and the opening of the Clinton Presidential Library which won the station a regional Emmy award. She also reported a series of stories from Honduras on the charitable work of the Arkansas based non-profit Heifer International.
Kate joined the CBS team in 2006 and anchored CBS 2 News This Morning at WCBS-TV in New York. In addition to anchoring CBS 2 News This Morning with Maurice DuBois and CBS 2 News at Noon, she co-hosted and filled in as the newsreader at CBS’ The Saturday Early Show with Chris Wragge, Lonnie Quinn, and Erica Hill.
Kate has been named one of the Top 30 Irish Americans in Media by IrishCentral.com and has served as media spokesperson for the American Heart Association. She is originally from Lakeville, Mass., and graduated cum laude from the University Of Notre Dame.
The Local Option is a local watering hole in Lincoln Park, a place where women are meeting and drinking with a decidedly serious agenda: to talk about beer, really good beer. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Stephanie Izard has become a restaurant superstar. Now, she has struck again. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces
Buddy Guy is part musician, part showman. He’s been performing for nearly 50 years, and you can still catch him at his South Loop nightclub. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Students at the Kenwood high school are taught traditional subjects through the lens of art. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
The South Side neighborhood has seen some changes — some good, some bad. But those that live there now are proud of where they call home, CBS 2’s Kate Sullivan reports.
Just south of McCormick Place is a district where African Americans flourished after the Civil War. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan looks at one of Chicago’s trendiest, hippest neighborhoods.
From authentic taquerias like Nuevo Leon to the vivid and expressive murals that line the streets, the people of Pilsen proudly show you who they are.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to Andersonville, a unique neighborhood on Chicago’s North Side that retains its Swedish heritage.
This 1890s-era gift from Japan is tucked away behind the Museum of Science and Industry. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan pays a visit.
People can learn an amazing skill and feel their stress and tensions fade away, not far from the hustle and bustle of Lake Shore Drive. CBS 2’s Kate Sullivan reports.
Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies is a dying breed: a place packed with the kind of toys and trains from a bygone era — and people trying carefully to recreate it. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
It is a difficult diagnosis for anyone to hear, but when a child is diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, it is truly life-altering for the whole family.
CBS 2’s Kate Sullivan reports on the craze for the protein-rich variety of yogurt.
Belly dancing is not only a form of expression; it has also become a hot fitness trend. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
Nearly four decades ago, Sara McIntosh needed a new pair of shoes, so she thought she’d try to make her own pair. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to the longtime cobbler.
CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to a woman who opened a boutique for cancer survivors, in the latest installment of “Your Chicago.”
Next time you are looking for something to do on a Saturday night, how about independent theater? CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan introduces us to members of The Factory Theater.
Since the start of the recession, many of us have become avid sale shoppers and coupon clippers, but is all this bargain hunting really saving us money? Or is it just giving us a false sense of frugality?
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!