Keith Johnson co-anchors the afternoon news on Newsradio 780 WBBM along with Steve Grzanich from 3-to-8 pm each weekday. Prior to becoming an anchor, I was a general assignment reporter with a speciality for technology news.
I came to WBBM-AM in 1994 and have covered many memorable stories such as: LaSalle Bank fire in the Loop, a police stand off at a Chicago auto body shop, and going to Washington to cover the Million Man March. I have been lucky enough to win a 2004 Murrow Award for spot news, 2003 Lisagor Award for deadline reporting, 2001 Lisagor Award for reporting, and was a finalist in 2000 and 1999 for the AIR (Achievement in Radio) Award for best newscast.
Before coming to WBBM-AM I spent about 6 years in Washington D.C. at WHUR-FM, a CBS affiliate and WTOP-AM, Washington’s only all-news station. My most memorable moment there was covering the trial of Mayor Marion Barry.
I love biking and other outdoor activities, especially fishing. I also enjoy composing my own music using my computer.
A travel writer raised eyebrows in Chicago this week by calling the city one of the world’s most overrated tourist destinations.
Today is the 40th anniversary of ‘Schoolhouse Rock,’ animated educational videos loved by millions today.
A national non-profit focused on closing the opportunity divide has set up a branch in Chicago.
This year’s presidential race has stirred passions and ignited heated debate from all corners of the country and from every venue, including the workplace.
Authorities have charged a Far South Side man with the murder a former star athlete last month.
Some 2,600 law enforcement agencies in the Midwest are joining police departments throughout the national in an effort that also features extensive nighttime safety belt enforcement.
A 10-year-old boy from Pennsylvania has returned a piece of Super Bowl history to Chicago Bears great William “The Refrigerator” Perry.
Chicago Public Schools are pushing back the start of key state exams by one week, to the second week of March, after schools complained that snow days had swallowed up their test preparation time.
Two middle school students have been charged with harassment in an alleged case of cyberbullying against a female classmate.
An employee of a south suburban currency exchange pilfered thousands of dollars in wire transfers, prosecutors charged Wednesday.
A north suburban police chief is waiting for the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office to conclude a criminal investigation of alleged misconduct before determining whether an internal investigation is in order.
A south suburban man who bought counterfeit tickets for Sunday’s Bears game, then turned around and sold them to another man, is out even more money.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!