Kris Gutierrez is anchor of the CBS 2 Chicago morning news with Susan Carlson from 4:30 to 7:00 AM.
He joined CBS 2 Chicago in March 2012 from FOX News Channel.
Kris spent five years as a national correspondent with FOX based in the network’s Dallas bureau. He was the sole reporter responsible for all editorial content in a four state region: Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
In 2009, Kris reported live from Ft. Hood, less than 24 hours after the deadliest shooting rampage at a military installation in U.S. history. In 2011, Kris spent a week covering the devastating tornado that hit Joplin, Mo.
Prior to his network experience, he was an Emmy-award winning reporter/substitute anchor at KPRC-TV in Houston.
While there, Kris was named the Best Television Reporter in Texas by Texas Associated Press Broadcasters. He was also named a Top Television Journalist by the Houston Press Club. His story-telling also earned the Best Live Report award from the Dallas Press Club.
Kris was also a reporter/substitute anchor at KVUE-TV in Austin, Texas. While in Austin, his reports were honored with several Texas Associated Press Broadcaster awards. The American Cancer Society also recognized his work.
Previously, Kris was a weekend anchor at WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio, and he began his career with the same position at KXII-TV in Sherman, Texas.
He graduated from Texas Christian University with a BS in Broadcast Journalism. While at TCU, he played collegiate soccer for the Horned Frogs. Kris is married and has two children
CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez asks the experts which home remedies really work.
Some public health experts worry today’s youngest generation could be the first to have a lower life expectancy than their parents. CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez reports.
CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez talks with a nutrition expert about some of the different products in the marketplace.
It’s not just bacteria that cooks should worry about. CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez reports on a potential hazard that you may use before grilling.
Experts say blue lights emanating from computer devices could be over-stimulating your brain and causing sleep disruptions. CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez reports.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Three million people each year are diagnosed with the most common form of skin cancer: basal cell carcinoma. The cause: exposure to the sun. CBS 2’s Kris Gutierrez has the story of one [...]
Some suburban malls are looking like ghost towns, but what can communities do to turn the tide? CBS 2′s Kris Gutierrez reports.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!