Kris Habermehl, a lifelong Chicagoan, has worked as a reporter for CBS 2 Chicago for more than a decade. Habermehl can be found high in the sky in Chopper 2, covering traffic and breaking news from around Chicagoland.
Habermehl’s fascination with flying began when he was a child and led him to follow that career path after college. Habermehl has covered countless breaking news events with his bird’s eye view of the scene for CBS 2 Chicago and WBBM/Newsradio 780 and 105.9 FM.
He was honored with a local Emmy Award in 1997, for his coverage of the flood disaster in Naperville.
Before working for WBBM-TV, Habermehl worked as a traffic and news reporter for Shadow Traffic Radio from 1992-1993.
Outside of work, Habermehl has flown with the Air Force Thunderbirds and the Goodyear Blimp.
In addition to reporting from Chopper 2, Habermehl serves as the co-host of the WBBM Newsradio’s coverage of the annual Chicago Air and Water Show.
American Airlines pilots will be holding an informational picket at O’Hare International Airport Thursday afternoon, in the midst of an ongoing labor dispute.
A bucket fell from the front end of a Bobcat construction vehicle onto the northbound lanes of the Tri-State Tollway early Tuesday, and ended up damaging several motorists’ cars.
A fire spread to six garages in the Andersonville neighborhood in a period of 15 minutes overnight.
Storms packing enough power to leave anyone drenched to the bone passed through Chicago on Thursday, but the area is still severely short on rain.
The Chicago Transit Authority on Monday night will hold the first in a series of public meetings about a bold plan to rebuild part of the CTA Red Line in a matter of months.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!