Kris Kridel is midday co-anchor and co-host of WBBM’s Noon Business Hour. As anchor-reporter at WBBM, Kris has won awards for Best Reporter, Feature, Newscast and Documentary from AP and UPI; a 1991 National Headliner Award; Peter Lisagor and RTNDA reporting awards.
Her writing and reporting were featured in Ted White’s 1993 book, “Broadcast Newswriting and Reporting.” Kris received her BA at Ohio University and her Master’s Degree in Journalism from Ohio State University in the Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Reporting. Before joining WBBM, she worked as reporter-anchor at WCOL in Columbus, Ohio and anchor-reporter/news director at WFYR in Chicago. Kris teaches broadcast journalism at Loyola University and is a weekly contributor at WTTW’s Chicago Tonight.
The chief executive officer of Chicago-based Groupon is defending his company and his leadership.
Something of a layaway war has erupted among big retailers.
The signature Chicago craft brews from Goose Island beer are set to go nationwide.
A Canada-based tea café is setting up shop on three fashionable strips in Chicago.
A shake-up in the executive office may mean lower prices at Jewel-Osco.
The heat wave may have cut into attendance at a popular suburban event this week.
The dream of a developer to build the Western Hemisphere’s tallest skyscraper in Chicago may have been extinguished.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!