Follow Laurence on Twitter @LaurenceWHolmes.
Laurence Holmes joined 670 The Score in 1998 as a part-time producer after interning for Jeff Joniak and producing “The Sports Huddle” at WMAQ radio.
Through five years of producing he was named Executive Producer of “The Les Grobstein Show”, “The Tommy Williams Show”, “McNeil & Jiggetts” and “Murph & Fred”.
In 2002, Holmes picked up an A.I.R. award for both “commerical production” and “Talk Show production.”
While working as a producer, Holmes served as a weekend and fill-in host. He teamed up with Jonathan Hood to host “Wrestlemaniacs” and Dan Zampillo to host “Me & Z”. Soon, his solo show followed.
In 2003, Holmes was promoted to beat reporter, assigned to the Bears, which he covered from 2003-2008 on a daily basis.
A 1997 Graduate of DePaul University, Holmes joined Zach Zaidman in 2006 as the play-by-play tandem for 670 The Score’s broadcast of Blue Demons games, which he did for six seasons. In 2007, Holmes was named to DePaul’s prestigious “14 Under 40″ Alumni list.
In 2008, Holmes joined Dan Hampton to host the mid-day show and the Score’s Bears pre-game coverage.
In 2009, Holmes returned to hosting his night time solo show. In addition to hosting his own show, he is a frequent guest host for the Score’s mid-day and afternoon shows. Along with hosting, Holmes still covers the Bears and writes his weekly “24-Blog” for 670TheScore.com.
Laurence resides in Chicago and is a proud graduate of Homewood-Flossmoor High School, where he had his first talk show when he was 16.
Time offers the opportunity for perspective, so I thought it would be a good idea to wait each week to give my thoughts on the Bears game.
Check out 670 The Score’s Laurence Holmes as he gives you his “What To Watch For” in the video!
When the Bears traded for Brandon Marshall, it opened up a whole new world of offensive football.
If Bears coaches know who their starting left tackle is, they aren’t telling.
World Series aside, this may be Kenny Williams’ best season as White Sox general manager.
It’s possible that Urlacher will be ready to go in 25 days. He’s a tough guy, fast healer and committed to the rehab process, but it might be better to hold him back.
Mystery solved. Brian Urlacher had arthroscopic surgery Tuesday morning on his left knee.
When the Bears take on the Broncos Thursday night at Soldier Field, you won’t see their cards.
With Urlahcer missing so much time, it lends credence to the idea that the MCL injury suffered against the Vikings was more serious than most believed.
In the first few days of padded practices, first-round draft pick Shea McClellin has had a hard time.
More teams are neutralizing Devin Hester by kicking high to him. Laurence Holmes breaks down the Bears’ strategy to counter “sky balls.”
Anthony Adams, Matt Bowen, Alex Brown, Dez Clark and Hunter Hillenmeyer give you the good, the bad and the ugly from their training camp experience.
I thought I’d share some tips with you on surviving camp and offer up suggestions to increase your enjoyment of the experience.
There weren’t any real epiphanies that came out of day 2 of Bears Mini-Camp, but there was some interesting stuff. Here’s what I saw, heard and was told at Halas Hall on Wednesday.
As Lovie Smith says, mini-camp is the end of the Bears offseason. It’s three days where the foundation is laid and the scene is set for Bourbonnais.
Considering the amount of quality players that were available at a position of need for the Bears, it would’ve been pretty hard for Phil Emery to make a selection that left fans scratching their heads, but somehow he did it.
It’s a perfect fit for a horse rescue group, and a young woman who welcomes some emotional support. She lost her father and brother, and gained a steadfast friend.
They can’t count on that again. There are countless storylines for this game, including whether the offense can put points on the board. Along with that here’s what I think is interesting.
I’m finding it very difficult to make a persuasive argument on why Bears fans should be worried about Kansas City. Strangely, that worries me.
No one knew what to expect from Caleb Hanie. Not you. Not me. Not even the Bears coaching staff.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!