Len Walter is the Business/Financial Editor of WBBM NewsRadio 780, broadcasting daily from the trading floors of the Chicago Board of Trade, now part of the CME Group.
He joined WBBM in February of 1969.
Mr. Walter was the first journalist to receive an award for work accomplished after WBBM became an all news station. It was the prestigious “Edward R. Murrow Award,” for International Investigative Reporting. During his career, the excellence of Len’s reporting has resulted in the presentation of dozens of other awards including being recognized as “Best Radio Reporter” by the Illinois and Michigan Associated Press.
Len received his Masters Degree in Journalism from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism in New York City. He received his B.A. from Elmhurst College in Elmhurst, Illinois.
Len is a highly regarded public speaker and one of the busiest in Chicago. He serves as host of numerous meetings each year for WBBM-CBS including the popular WBBM Business Breakfasts and featured speaker for corporations and business associations throughout the Midwest.
Mr. Walter is a former Registered Representative of the National Association of Securities Dealers and routinely lectures on the subject of stock market investing.
Acknowledging his extraordinary communications and financial teaching skills, Mr. Walter remains a member of the Money$mart Advisory Council. This group of community financial and civic leaders, including Chicago Mayor Richard Daley and the President of the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank, is devoted to creation of a framework to address financial literacy in the Chicago area.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!